Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to get back to this field. I went to a good arrowhead hunting/metal detecting site & explored a field I had only briefly passed through. It is in low land right beside the river. There are flakes everywhere! I was metal detecting with a buddy so we didn't spend too much time there. I found a few broken points & some pottery shards in the hour we were there. I think it's loaded. Thanks for looking & HH!

Attachments

• shard.png
    shard.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 126
  • arrowheads.png
    arrowheads.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... I think it's loaded too ..hopefully you kept your poker face and will be heading back there on your own because it sounds like no one else is picking any of it up.
Looks like stuff from the Carolinas

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see the collection of the gentleman that lived there (deceased). His two daughters take care of the farm. There's a tomahawk mounted in the fireplace that he found there. I have found a lot of good stuff on the property. I hunted arrowheads there 5 years, than picked up a flat button off the ground. It's also been one of my most productive metal detecting sites! The early settlers built their homes where the Indians lived a lot of times, high ground near a water source is the key. BUT.. this made me rethink the low lands

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those shards and they look similar to what I find. The Catawba Nation inhabited your area along with their Sioux speaking allies and were known for their beautiful pottery.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were actually found in Granville, not Mecklenburg County

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And there you had the Tuscarora and Saponi.
I knew about the Tuscarora but not the Saponi. I really would love to get into this aspect of the hobby more. I used to primarily look for arrowheads & such but got sucked into metal detecting. I love them both though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread