Awesome day point ID opinions

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Friday was one of the worst days of my life . Got the phone call my oldest son had got hit by a truck on his bike . He had a severely broke leg compound fracture ,small fracture in his skull , bruised lung , busted eardrum . I just couldn't handle seeing him like that after 3 hours of surgery he is on the road to recovery doing great !!! He tells me to go look for rocks yesterday eve so I said ok . Well had an awesome time I found these pieces totally luck on the paleo piece stuck my finger in dirt and felt it I've done that 1000 times and never found anything lol ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431947066.760885.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431947097.264265.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431947118.376020.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431947158.081288.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431947186.264568.jpg

Upvote 0

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your son has a speedy recovery! You had a great day of hunting that paleo piece is awesome some great finds all around!

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Good to hear you son is doing better, hoping for a speedy and whole recovery! Nice finds too!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
So glad your son will be ok, I can imagine the relief you felt!! the paleo is sweet sweet, but only a grain of sweetness compared to your son's recovery. Will you give him the paleo when he's old enough to care for it? ;)

super find!
lisa

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your son has a steady, full recovery! (I too had a bad bike accident...broken collarbone, broken shoulder blade, 4-5 cracked ribs and I made a complete recovery). Your paleo finds continue to grow. Fantastic finds!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a lot like a Beaver Lake to me.. Or some Dalton related projectile.

Last edited:

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speedy recovery to your son..looks like the Universe is saying it will all be okay!

OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad your son will be ok, I can imagine the relief you felt!! the paleo is sweet sweet, but only a grain of sweetness compared to your son's recovery. Will you give him the paleo when he's old enough to care for it? ;)

super find!
lisa

I only have two boys that are interested in the rocks and that's a great idea I would most definitely give him that piece

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speedy recovery to your boy, and very nice finds the gods shined on you to brighten your day.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator got this one I believe a Beaver Lake, Great find for sure and I am so glad your boy is doing Ok. That is the one phone call no one wants to get. A speedy recovery to him and more good hunts for you:thumbsup:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear your son is doing better now. You had a great hunt found so much it takes me months to find that much and Ive never found a Paleo, congrats

OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think sometimes we find the pieces and sometimes the pieces find us ;)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think sometimes we find the pieces and sometimes the pieces find us ;)

I agree with that. Many times I have been out and for some reason bent down and picked one up that I wasn't sure was anything at all. Just catches your eye.

discoidal roller

May 4, 2012
Clarksburg, MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, my little man turned 5 today. I can't even think about something like that, I would feel so bad. Really hope he has 100% recovery, praying for him. Guess we're fortunate to live here and now, an accident like that would have been terminal any time in human history until just recently.

OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, my little man turned 5 today. I can't even think about something like that, I would feel so bad. Really hope he has 100% recovery, praying for him. Guess we're fortunate to live here and now, an accident like that would have been terminal any time in human history until just recently.

I tell you what my driveway is 1/2 mike from a rural two lane road never would I thought this would happen . He's my tuff one always had a high pain tolerance never once did he cry I did I cried quite a bit haha it makes u think about losing one I could never handle that

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your son, wishing him a speedy recovery with prayers.
By the way that point in the second photo sure is a beauty. :icon_thumleft:

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to here your bad day ended with a good prognosis for your son (and a nice point too)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions