Thought Id share what Ive found the last few weeks

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Thought I'd share what I've found the last few weeks

I need to get a new camera :( Anyway, I thought I'd share what I've found over the last few weeks. There not the greatest finds in the world, but it's a start :)
Site 1 pic 1.JPG
I found these with in just a few feet of each other. The top left two are picking stones, of the two the one on the right had what appears to be a red ocher paint. Top right looks to be an end scraper, but it is in pretty bad shape. Both of the arrow heads appear to have been broken in the manufacturing process. The bottom middle I think is another picking stone, it's almost perfectly round, except there are a few places that have been worn flat. The outside bottoms are either scrapers or shards, not sure though.
Site 1 pic 1.JPG
The arrow head in the middle was my first. It is not complete. This is the best side, the other side was damaged during the manufacturing process.
Site 1 pic 1.JPG
These are todays finds. Mostly shards and small thumbnail scrapers. I'm not sure with the top right is. The top left is a petrified splinter.
I wish the pictures were better, my camera really doesn't do them justice. If any of the more experienced guys, or girls, have any corrections, let me know. Razor

Attachments

• Picking Stones and AHs Pic 2.JPG
    Picking Stones and AHs Pic 2.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Finds 05 10 07 2.JPG
    Finds 05 10 07 2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Re: Thought I'd share what I've found the last few weeks

I'm sorry guys, for some reason (I'm sure my fault) the computer attached my first pick three times and then attached the other two picks ??? Sooo... I guess you'll have to read my remarks and then look at the pics... Sorry :-\ Thanks again, Razor

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Re: Thought I'd share what I've found the last few weeks

little bits of a sighs that them injuns were around,keep lookin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread