how ironic, found in the backyard!!! ;)

kygirl1227

Apr 19, 2015
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here recently we needed dirt brought in to even out the backyard, needless to say they brought in two dump truck loads..it'd been about a month since and all the pebbles and rocks have surfaced since multiple rains...anyhow it's a shame it broke, but went out to see if the grass was starting to come in and seen this little guy sticking out of the dirt that we had brought in!!!!:headbang: 1432932810843.jpg

Upvote 0

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. That kind of experience could get me in to trouble because I would be tempted to have piles of dirt dropped all over my yard to search. :)

OP
OP
K

kygirl1227

Apr 19, 2015
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I know I'm like can we get some more of that from same spot hahaha, but who knows it may have been broken already or could've happened when he was smoothing it all out with the bob cat, either way my first words were honestly, oh wow look... yeah, oh no, yeah,...well ****.....lol still an awesome little treat though 10 feet off the back porch. Usually I walk for hours and back with nothing...so it's all good :)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found some debitage in my back yard but Im pretty sure they scraped to the hardpan when they built this house. nice find maybe some more will pop out.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the fields I hunt every year they spread chicken scratch for the crops. No lie I have found artifacts stained with chicken poo. Where ever they get the scratch from it has artifacts and flint chunks in it. That stuff really stinks but after the smell goes away I find some nice keepers like the one in my avatar.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I would keep an eye on it or try to find out where they got the dirt. I worked at a furniture store back in the late 80's and early 90's and they had three dump truck loads of dirt brought in to level the back lot. After they spread it out and it rained out it I found several Points and a lot of flint. I found out where it came from and found a new site to hunt.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "yard work"..............

Nice find!!

OP
OP
K

kygirl1227

Apr 19, 2015
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually know exactly where the dirt came from because my brother works for the construction site that brought it here, we needed some and they needed a place to put it so it was free....lol anyhow it came from florence ky located in back in the woods by a subdivision. The spot that it came from I would roughly estimate it being about 5 to 6 miles from Big Bone Lick....however right next to gunpowder creek, its unfornate that it's located by all these peoples homes....

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Lol, I know I'm like can we get some more of that from same spot hahaha, but who knows it may have been broken already or could've happened when he was smoothing it all out with the bob cat, either way my first words were honestly, oh wow look... yeah, oh no, yeah,...well ****.....lol still an awesome little treat though 10 feet off the back porch. Usually I walk for hours and back with nothing...so it's all good :)

We gotta get you into a rock shelter!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool find! Wow, right in your backyard! I love backyard hunts. The stuff you find is always amazing.
Best of luck out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions