rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went a looking rite after work in the cow field. There was a pony out there that kept trying to sneak up on me while I was looking for points. The owner told me to watch it cause it will bite you. I was so paranoid that pony kept coming up to me I had to yell hey and wave my flipping stick in the air twice to get it away. The things we have to put up with just to find a point geez.

Attachments

• SDC10466.JPG
    SDC10466.JPG
    693.9 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Mean pony", when I was a kid my dad would come home from the sale barn with a $15 Shetlon pony and a $25 saddle.
Not a good sign when the saddle costs more than the pony! I've been bit, rubbed off, stepped on, and once rode one upside down during an uncontrollable Gallup due to cockleburs on the yarn girth, his back legs were hitting me in the butt, his front legs were hitting me in the shoulders and I was hanging on to the saddle horn for life or death,wasn't sure which, finally the girth strap pulled out of the o-ring fasteners and I did a few backwards summersaults, but to my amazement no hooves in the head! Shortly thereafter I switched to motorcycles. Good news for you is you still came away with artifacts !

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - great finds! curious to know what your avatar is! I have no clue about native american stuff other than what I learn here.!

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
You should have let that hay burner get close enough to whack him across the nose good with that stick rock. That would have been the last time he approached you.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have let that hay burner get close enough to whack him across the nose good with that stick rock. That would have been the last time he approached you.

1st time he came towards me I thought it was cause he thought I was going to drink his nasty water in the tub. 2nd time I was bent over trying to pry a point out of the clay which was like stone from the sun. I was bent over and out of the corner of my eye I see him walking real fast towards me like he was going to take a chunk out of my rear end. I jumped around and chased him away. Sneaky *******

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all I had was nasty water I might get mean too. lmao

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
1st time he came towards me I thought it was cause he thought I was going to drink his nasty water in the tub. 2nd time I was bent over trying to pry a point out of the clay which was like stone from the sun. I was bent over and out of the corner of my eye I see him walking real fast towards me like he was going to take a chunk out of my rear end. I jumped around and chased him away. Sneaky *******

I got attacked by a cousins sick cow once while deer hunting. I dodged her charges 3 times before I tripped. As I was laying there with my 308 I thought, if she comes, I'm shooting. Her nose was about a foot from the barrel of my rifle when I pulled the trigger. It stopped her alright. She backed up shaking her head violently with blood and saliva flying everywhere, then went and laid down. . The bullet just went through the tip if her nose at an angle, doing very little flesh damage, but I am pretty sure it was the last thing she heard, she had to be deaf after that.

She had chased my other cousin while they were moving them the week before so she was put down right away after my ordeal. You don't keep aggressive cows around. Trust me, they are much quicker/agile than a bull, and can really bust you up if they put their mind to it.

Last edited:

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quartz artifacts are always interesting even if you have to doge the pony to get them. Nice.

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Bring that pony a bag of carrots and see if that changes anything. :laughing7:

I agree, that and a little sweet talk. My neighbor has two unruly Donkey's that have access to the creek I hunt. They used to try and sneak up on me and blow snot and kick, after just two trips with carrots and talking nice they are my best buddies. Not bad finds Rock, should more in that field, good luck.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring that pony a bag of carrots and see if that changes anything. :laughing7:

I will have to try that the next time I go. Don't go to often out there. More of a winter spot to hunt when the grass dies off. Thanks for the tip.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
LOL!!! WATCH YOUR FINGERS!!! Those ornery little buggers WILL bite the hand that feeds them. And I don't care how many treats he ends up eating or how you deliver them, trusting those well known biters would be as wise as trusting a snake.

I think the only reason a lot of people got them for their kids was to keep the "Can We Get a Horse" idea out of their head.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
in my experience horses are dangerous, sneaky, carnivorous man eaters...with long memories too.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Dirt bikes are far safer for kids than horses. I've had both, and want nothing to do with either now. I had a horse that stomped my cousins leg about 20 years ago. He can still tell when rain is coming because his leg gets to throbbing. Nice finds Rock. Try to show that horse who's boss. One of you will win.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i got a growed cousin with a hoof print in his head from when he was a kid back on the cattle ranch...and a wife with a scar on her wrist from a dirt bike..so i guess choose yer poisen...

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt bikes are far safer for kids than horses. I've had both, and want nothing to do with either now. I had a horse that stomped my cousins leg about 20 years ago. He can still tell when rain is coming because his leg gets to throbbing. Nice finds Rock. Try to show that horse who's boss. One of you will win.

I was kicked as a child by a horse so I don't try to touch them. I tap my stick on the ground till they leave. Worked with the pony once but that was it. Last time he didn't even bother me. I wont wear my green shirt next time maybe he doesn't like the color green.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
If I were you, I'd keep a carrot hanging out of my back pocket. I hear they are scared by the color orange!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread