rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a creek hunt and found mostly heartbreakers but it was better than staying at home. They said rain and they weren't kidding I got soaked. One photo of quartz as a group is all flakes some are tools. The black point had me crying the blues missing the tip. the other pile of flint is all brokes. the only whole piece was a hafted quartz scraper. rock

Attachments

• SDC10504.JPG
    SDC10504.JPG
    729.9 KB · Views: 100
  • SDC10507.JPG
    SDC10507.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • SDC10509.JPG
    SDC10509.JPG
    706.6 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC10510.JPG
    SDC10510.JPG
    744.6 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC10514.JPG
    SDC10514.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

ALDEEZ777

Jul 14, 2014
Davenport, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stuck out today. Hit a couple fields and short part of creek. May have a piece use for blanks

ALDEEZ

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been getting hammered with rain, but haven't had a chance to get out last week and a half yet. Corn is getting taller so maybe another week or 2 of walking rows then I might start new adventures in the creeks. Heartbreakers are still as good as any find in my opinion, good hunt!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a large quartz base? That area has some nice looking black material. You will find the mother load soon I think. You are putting in the time and that is what it takes.
Good luck Rock!

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are on the spot there Rock. Something really good will turn up at some point. Got a decent spot they just cleared just needs to rain real hard very very soon or they will have the top soil stripped away before I can look it. Good hunting-

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a good day! Yeah, that black one had to be bittersweet. I remember that large quartzite(?) creek find you had last year. Bet you'll have some more great finds this year.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
It is always good to get out! I wish you would send some rain our way. We are unbelievably dry.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a large quartz base? That area has some nice looking black material. You will find the mother load soon I think. You are putting in the time and that is what it takes.
Good luck Rock!
The large quartz is either a preform or at 1 time was a scraper. You know how it is with quartz in a creek and tumble on cobbles it has damage on both ends rite where the secondary would of been. If the cobbles don't break them the water will erase the edge work on quartz. Its been worked though.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a good day! Yeah, that black one had to be bittersweet. I remember that large quartzite(?) creek find you had last year. Bet you'll have some more great finds this year.

I still have the quartzite one in a frame and this one will look good next to it. Don't you know the tip was under the mud and when I pulled it I got a sick feeling in my stomach :(

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any thoughts on what the black material is?

Jon we have so much different types of flint here it would be hard for me to type it. Its got a nice slick feel to it almost like agate if that helps you guess it.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way I typed the black one as a Late archaic to woodland period. Adena Narrow Stem is what I believe it is. Most of my finds are in the same period frame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread