Native American points and artifacts found last weekend, Solida CO - Gorgeous Stones!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm very excited to have finally found my first complete arrow head. Yes, tiny little nib missing on the tip, but I'm calling it complete. It has a goofy little design.. I have a lot to learn about these things. Looks like a mixture of flint, agate, and petrified wood. A couple in situ's pics, and a picture of the whole lot. Does anything jump out at anyone?

I'm very curious about the rectangular stone table which appears to have writing or an inscription of some kind. It is perfectly flat on the back. It definitely looks like an ancient tablet or token of some kind. Also found a huge grinding stone. Fits in both hands perfectly with flat wear on the base/contact point. So fired up about these finds, thank you for looking and for any knowledge you might like to share. Let me know if you want to see a closeup on any piece... Bear with me on these pics. Working with a computer that predates these points....

:hello:

Attachments

• 0623152238.jpg
    0623152238.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 171
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find and a lot of study material. I know the people in the North American Indian section would enjoy seeing it. If you wish I will move it there as they are more geared towards these things than in Todays finds.
Just shoot a pm if you want it moved.
Nice artifact and worked tools.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your "1rst" whole! I can feel your excitement. Lots of tools and some pretty material too!
The one your calling a tablet is interesting too, but I'm having a hard time seeing how the marks in it would have been made by hand. From what I can see in the picture at least, the marks (at least the shorter ones) look to me more like incisions that were made when the rock was soft in its geological formation period, but I could be wrong. Close ups of both sides and of the edges would help, if you want more opinions. Again nice finds.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Mark Todd. Absolutely, I'll get some pictures up. The back is almost perfectly flat. The rock has definitely been cleaved by hand. Maybe the formation appealed to someone hundreds of years ago so they kept it as a memento. I'll get some better pictures. It might be a combination of a natural/Native American piece, if that makes any sense.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what nice colorful material, cograts

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. (Is that Salida CO, you mean, or over in Bayou Salado?) Looks like you have some jasper, which probably came from the prehistoric quarries over along Trout Creek SE of Buena Vista. Lots of historic Ute and prehistoric occupation in the Arkansas Valley in that area. I think your flat rock is just a typical river stone and I can show you tons of them just like that. Fits perfectly in the hand really means nothing in artifact identification.

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding your first whole point! As one who is still wondering what my first will look like I can understand how exited you must be. That is a nice collection you have started there. Thank you for sharing. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions