rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of course didn't find much worth posting. But anyway here some creek shots and a field find. Saw a deer so it wasn't a total loss and it was quiet which is always good. Hope others are doing well, rock

Attachments

• SDC10637.JPG
    SDC10637.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • SDC10638.JPG
    SDC10638.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • SDC10648.JPG
    SDC10648.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • SDC10643.JPG
    SDC10643.JPG
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC10644.JPG
    SDC10644.JPG
    760.6 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC10642.JPG
    SDC10642.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • SDC10630.JPG
    SDC10630.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent half the day looking for new camp sites for future hunts if they ever plow again. Found 4 new spots

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. It looks a lot like the creeks around here. It is always nice to get out, see nature and enjoy the quiet. :)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. It looks a lot like the creeks around here. It is always nice to get out, see nature and enjoy the quiet. :)

The most important part of the day was scouting for future sites. If you keep going to the same place for a long time you can actually clean it out quick. Future camp sites is a must to look for. Found hammer stones and debitage. Just have to wait for the plowing. Thanks Eric

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I meant to mention congrats on finding the new sites. That has got to be pretty exciting. Not only because it may lead to new finds but also to marvel at what it may have been like in that area way back when.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good place to hunt. Every time it rains its like a new spot. Wish the creeks around here were like that.

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, that looks a lot like my creek...only green...and with water in it....and a lot less cactus! lol One thing I hate about these creeks in the South West is that most of them are dry year round, which means that it takes a VERY long time for anything of interest to get washed up.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking creek to hunt in. Looks like it can get quite high at times.

yes the water does get high I call that mother nature art. the log is 4 ft off the current creek level.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good place to hunt. Every time it rains its like a new spot. Wish the creeks around here were like that.

The big gravel bar with the stone pipe is actually a new gravel bar. I was really hoping to find something good on it but just wasn't there this time. We have gotten almost 4 inches of rain since yesterday so maybe next time. Its rite after a steep bend in the creek.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I meant to mention congrats on finding the new sites. That has got to be pretty exciting. Not only because it may lead to new finds but also to marvel at what it may have been like in that area way back when.

Every single new site I found was on top of a hill

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the Tiger butterfly on the Blue Heron poop. I like your creek. Good pair of water shoes and you can cruise for miles.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the Tiger butterfly on the Blue Heron poop. I like your creek. Good pair of water shoes and you can cruise for miles.

For some reason the butterflies like that stuff. I had other pics of the creek but for some reason they didn't show on my camera. Maybe next time. If the water is higher I take my yak in there.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason the butterflies like that stuff. I had other pics of the creek but for some reason they didn't show on my camera. Maybe next time. If the water is higher I take my yak in there.

We are under flood watch. Not even safe with a kayak. I am metal detecting Sunday on a farm beside a Battlefield I reckon.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are under flood watch. Not even safe with a kayak. I am metal detecting Sunday on a farm beside a Battlefield I reckon.

Hope you find a nice buckle or sword. I wish it would come all at once here so the creek would flood over the banks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread