Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am staring at a Bob Cat on the wall as I speak. It fell to my arrow. I regret it now.
Have seen burials where they buried there dogs with them. Very common. Never heard of a bob cat but not surprised.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story, and I'll bet there are hundreds more waiting to be discovered lying in boxes setting on Storage shelves in various museums all over the states. I'd bet money that the bones and relics associated with that Bobcat are at the Dickson Mounds Museum 15 minutes from my house. They are in "shut down" mode due to the state of Illinois' profligate spending.
Many museums' back rooms are filled with construction site artifacts that were collected during the IPA, WPA days and the TVA ( Tennessee Valley Authority) days, also from the Army Corpse of Engineers while building River levees, and due to the massive amounts of artifacts brought in, they were not evaluated in depth and sometimes, not at all.
Back in 1989, Oklahoma Archaeologist Robt. L Brooks wrote in the Vol. 6 ,Number 2 publication of "Central States Archeological Journal" that " often these collections contain materials that have not been previously encountered"!
That statement alone leaves me less less skeptical than some when I see a reported artifact that can't be tied to another known find or grouping. I'm not naive regarding "fakes" and misrepresented reproductions, however I still have an open mind concerning things that appear unique. The fact is "everything that now has a large grouping was at first a unique find and there may be in the future new well documented artifacts that establish types or morphology ( shapes) that presently conjure skepticism.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting find.

A friend of mine had two southwestern bobcat kittens as pets, he said when they were very young, they could jump on top of his fridge from the floor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions