rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My slow season has started. Im still looking even if I don't post Im out there. This is todays finds they are tools but kind of crude all creek finds and 1 piece of pottery. I find a lot of flake tools made from flint pieces and cobbles. rock

Attachments

• SDC10667.JPG
    SDC10667.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • SDC10669.JPG
    SDC10669.JPG
    709 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice one you are holding.

Thanks it is a backed knife would of been hafted to a handle on the left side on the flat spot. So used upside down tip facing their hand. The worked edge is on the right side for cutting.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds! It's been slow here too, the creek is lowest I've ever seen it. I'm off this week and have been in the creek raking again off and on all this week. I've found several small pottery shards, 2 pieces of charcoal and the brown piece I just posted. Today i got the crap scared right out of me. Was in the creek and heard thunder and then wind so thought I better get out for a few minutes. Well I went in the shop, which is right near the creek and watched the wind in the trees and heard that "train" sound and knew it was more than a mere storm. So went toward the center of the shop and sat in the floor hoping it wasn't a tornado. Turned out to be a microburst which broke a tree in the yard in half which fell across the power lines and snapped the power pole. Bad thing is it landed right on top of my scuppydine vines frame and broke it all to pieces. Needless to say it was a very tiring day all in all. We used to didn't get these microbursts but since they've been clear cutting we even get a tornado once in a while.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow peaches sorry to hear that. I went out today and found nothing but brokes and 1 piece of pottery. The creek isn't giving up the sherds like it use to. Its low and lots of sand is dropped on the use to be gravel bars. Guess I can still go upstream and have a look. Next time

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Yikes! That beautiful dark shiny one looks deadly even today! Awesome finds. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that Peaches. It's just material things at least. :{

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread