The Greedy COA people.

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ever noticed the little boys who claim they can authenticate ancient stone never appear on forums.. Its like: Ok I am going to start a business with artifacts. I am going to sell them and authenticate them, but noooo, I will not stoop so low to make a comment on an artifact board. Lots of stupid people out there that give them business (political comment rule violation) Its disgusting to an intelligent man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP viking, I hadnt noticed and wanted to see if I could correct it..

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would that be someone from the old Arrowpack forum?? PM me with your guess Josh!!
Igy, I can palm a basketball and have hairy knuckles... If your lady has hands like mine, you may want to get a COA. (Might have slipped a Caitlyn in on you.)

Just kidding man, have a good day. If this is who I think it is, good to see that you are still cantankerous, stubborn, disagreeable as well as mad, bad and dangerous to know.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I'm not looking for a train wreck. I've found this thread interesting. It's answered questions that I have had for years. I have wanted to know if a COA really matters to the majority of artifact collectors. I have an idea now. Based on the number of people involved in this conversation and their opinions, it seems that a COA doesn't matter to the majority. I'm neutral on the subject. To each his own. Still interesting!!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF, now IF I was to sell an artifact and the buyer wanted a COA on it. I would tell the buyer to pay for it himself and if the artifact was "killed", then I would refund the price of the artifact plus shipping and the cost of the certification fees. I think that would be fair, IF....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my iPhone screen, TH's text window is the same as everyone's
They are just jealous mine is is bigger than theirs....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen that is...[emoji12]

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By sheer coincidence, within the past week I was able to warn a friend who was bidding on what would have been quite a rare artifact on eBay that it had likely been altered in modern times. And I had the photographic proof because I had once owned the artifact. Yet, there it was with a COA from a major authenticator. And the seller went on and on about the experience and honesty of that authenticator. With no photos showing the alteration I knew was there. How could the authenticator have missed that evidence of modern alteration? Well, he could not and still call himself an authenticator.
Nope, he provided a COA and ignored the modern alteration. I'd love to just plaster his name in cap letters right here, but of course I can't risk defamation law suits. But it was a perfect example of why this well known authenticator now has such a woeful reputation. You've got to know enough to buy relics from a position of knowledge and experience.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nope, he provided a COA and ignored the modern alteration. I'd love to just plaster his name in cap letters right here, but of course I can't risk defamation law suits. But it was a perfect example of why this well known authenticator now has such a woeful reputation.

Why would you get sued?

His "authentication" is nothing more than his opinion, which is dishonest and worthless.

I say if you're going to lie like this and try to mislead people, your name should be plastered all over every artifact forum.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why would you get sued?

His "authentication" is nothing more than his opinion, which is dishonest and worthless.

I say if you're going to lie like this and try to mislead people, your name should be plastered all over every artifact forum.

Maybe I agree with you. But, if you expect me to put his name in THIS thread, which has already had it's' moments going south , I decline. Elsewhere in the forum universe I posted photos of the artifact because I wanted my friend to see what others thought. Opinions about both the piece and the authenticator, whom I named, were rendered. My friend learned what he needed to learn in order to let himself be outbid. The seller even posted one of my damning photos before the auction ended, because I sent him photos with my opinion.

In the context of this particular thread, the subject as described by the original poster seemed to be "why don't authenticators post to forums". I offered my own opinion on that, as did others. I also posted the story of the fake bannerstones, because it illustrated one of the big problems out there is dealers and authenticators acting in concert to pass bad pieces, and authenticators likely acting in concert with other authenticators to support the same. And by sheer coincidence I ran across a questionable piece I once owned that had acquired a COA long after I returned it. So, my last post was more or less "you see folks, it's happening even as we speak". If someone wants to start a thread "Who exactly are the bad authenticators?", they can do so.

OP
OP
Igyjastabay

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dear Igyjastabay,

You seem hellbent of criticism of those "greedy" COA guys. As you've already stated, YOU sell artifacts for considerable sums of money. I guess we can assume your motive for selling those artifacts is something other than "greed". (Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the profit motivation.. I just insist on honesty, and I find it disingenuous when someone objects to the profit motive in others, while embracing it in themselves).

That notwithstanding, your criticism of COA's is based on the fact that they "prey" on people less intelligent than yourself. Is it safe to assume you think that you are a better judge of authenticity, than they are? Or that there is perhaps some "objective" arbiter of the authenticity of an object, that is infallible? We both know of course, that no such objective arbiter exists.

In artifacts, as in all things... caveat emptor... let the buyer beware.

And my experience teaches me to be even MORE wary of those claiming pure motives for objecting to the profit motive in others, while embracing it for themselves.[/QUOTE

Yes

OP
OP
Igyjastabay

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry you disagree.

Sorry, SIR. How long did it take too construct that beautiful reply, you are a word smith. People who claim they know more than you are controllers, ideologues. You are a screwy type dude when you consume this like skyline chilli. Lots of weirdos that walk fields for 5 hours and come home to their wives with flint chips. Roll through auctions. manipulate people. I have seen it all. Don't worry about me

OP
OP
Igyjastabay

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By sheer coincidence, within the past week I was able to warn a friend who was bidding on what would have been quite a rare artifact on eBay that it had likely been altered in modern times. And I had the photographic proof because I had once owned the artifact. Yet, there it was with a COA from a major authenticator. And the seller went on and on about the experience and honesty of that authenticator. With no photos showing the alteration I knew was there. How could the authenticator have missed that evidence of modern alteration? Well, he could not and still call himself an authenticator.
Nope, he provided a COA and ignored the modern alteration. I'd love to just plaster his name in cap letters right here, but of course I can't risk defamation law suits. But it was a perfect example of why this well known authenticator now has such a woeful reputation. You've got to know enough to buy relics from a position of knowledge and experience.
\\

His "authentication" is nothing more than his opinion, which is dishonest and worthless. These are your words. They will sound good. Wow.

OP
OP
Igyjastabay

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know what has pissed so many people off on this forum? They never went to school.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we have almost covered all aspects of C.O.A's by now. Anything more will just lead to regretted post/replies.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what has pissed so many people off on this forum? They never went to school.

Igyjastabay Education does not seem to be a factor here. If you come back I ask that you "read " the rules. :hello:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread