The Greedy COA people.

Igyjastabay

May 28, 2014
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ever noticed the little boys who claim they can authenticate ancient stone never appear on forums.. Its like: Ok I am going to start a business with artifacts. I am going to sell them and authenticate them, but noooo, I will not stoop so low to make a comment on an artifact board. Lots of stupid people out there that give them business (political comment rule violation) Its disgusting to an intelligent man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Charl. As long as there are people like you, we can all make money. Jeez

I have exactly one experience with an artifact I returned(2 years after purchasing it, I was fooled myself) that later turned up with a COA. Every other authenticator that I've heard people diss, for whatever reason, have just been opinions that I can't prove or disprove. You seem to be saying with the above comment that it is somehow MY responsibility to just throw people's names out there. I didn't see you do that, and you started the thread. Does anyone here know how to use google? Because, if so, one can find plenty of threads in the forum universe where experienced collectors talk about authenticators, who they trust, who they don't trust, etc. Anybody reading this thread can see I added relevant info regarding the "problems" with authentification. Sure, I could just throw the guy's name out there, but what exactly is in it for me? I found out what I needed to know about the artifact I owned for a spell quite some time ago. I made sure a friend found out the same before he made the mistake of owning said artifact.

I don't owe you a thing. I don't owe anybody here a thing. If people can't conduct basic research with google, then they can blame their own lazy butts, I guess. Here is the bottom line. All anyone needs to know. Do not buy artifacts if one cannot determine if it is fake or real. If one buys a lot of artifacts, and 95%+ of my collection is personal finds, I might buy 1-2 artifacts in a busy year, then one needs to be as knowledgable as an authenticator who feels experienced enough to change you $$ to tell you if it's real.

Nice try trying to put it all on me. You started the thread. You're the know-it-all where these things are concerned. Sorry, but the fact that people buy artifacts with bad COA's is not my fault at all. The fact that you actually try to pin it on me in that one short comment shows just how much you're behaving more like a troll then a concerned collector.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
\\

His "authentication" is nothing more than his opinion, which is dishonest and worthless. These are your words. They will sound good. Wow.

Yes, I can confirm. What you quoted are my words. By sheer coincidence, after posting a story to this thread, about known fake bannerstones acquiring COA's, I had my one and only experience with that very problem. For the very first time, I saw a questionable artifact I owned appear on an auction site with a COA from a well known name in the artifact authentification business. Do I get an award if I name him here? Maybe even a big "Atta boy, Charl!!"? I would not name him here if only for the reason that you're trying to bait me into naming him. Hey, it's your thread, guy. Take charge of it, I don't owe anyone here a thing. You can't tell me for one blessed second that you start this thread, but you have no idea yourself who the bad authenticators might be? C'mon, give me a break. It's your thread. Ya want names named, name 'em. I mean, who knows more then you on this subject?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IGY can not reply for a few months...

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Sorry, SIR. How long did it take too construct that beautiful reply, you are a word smith. People who claim they know more than you are controllers, ideologues. You are a screwy type dude when you consume this like skyline chilli. Lots of weirdos that walk fields for 5 hours and come home to their wives with flint chips. Roll through auctions. manipulate people. I have seen it all. Don't worry about me

I like it when people quote themselves... then insult themselves. Funny. A few months huh? I guess that means we can all look forward to this thread topping the list again heading into the new year. Great.

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got back online after a 2 day storm related power failure. Didn't miss anything worth anything:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread