Most of my Native American artifacts, and 1 artifact from Mexico.

Apr 15, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About half of these were gifted to me, and the other half were all found by me. I hope yall enjoy and happy hunting!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my collection of points, scrapers, beads, pottery, tools, and a few copper arrowheads.

P_Native American Artifacts.jpg
If there are any you want to see better, let me know and I'll get a better one posted. I also am not very knowledgeable as to the types of arrowheads I have found. If there are any unique ones in the group, or any that can be tied to a specific tribe or time period, I'd love to know!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have 2 items I am unsure of what they are. Here they are:

Q_Native American Unknown_Questionable.jpg
This piece was found in McKinney, TX in a lot that had the top soil scraped away in order to lay a foundation for a house. It feels like a sandstone type material, is pretty light for its size, and does not appear to be a native or common stone for the area. I have always speculated that it was a decorative piece for a hunting/walking stick, or a necklace type item. It was recently suggested that it could be a weight for a fishing net but it seems too light to drop quickly enough.

S_Marble 1.jpg T_Marble 2.jpg U_Marble 3.jpg
This item, the middle piece, was found about 20 yards away from the shore of Lake Livingston in Livingston, TX. I have always thought it to be a Native American game piece similar to a marble, but I have never been able to confirm that. It is definitely not made from lake erosion as this lake doesn't have a near strong enough current to cause this, and the rock did not seem to be native or common to the area suggesting human transportation brought it there. It also appears to be chipped/worked like an arrowhead, but with smoother edges etc from use.

Central American piece. If anyone knows more about it I'd love to hear:

R_South American Statue Head.jpg
A friend who went of a metal detecting trip to the ruins of a Spanish Mission/Fort found this while detecting and brought it back for me. I do not know its age, makers(what ethnic Central American/Mexican natives), or who/what it is supposed to represent (as I assume it is a broken religious statue). Thoughts welcomed.

Upvote 0

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Middle item looks like a musket ball to me. Have you tested it with a metal detector?

OP
OP
Andrews_Adventures_SC
Apr 15, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely stone. Way too light to be a musket ball, but for good measure I ran it over my detector and all was silent.

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white one looks an early ceramic/ porcilin marble.

OP
OP
Andrews_Adventures_SC
Apr 15, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! That's what I've always thought and porcelain may be what its actually made of. Hadn't thought of that one. If this is the case, would it still be Native American as they did not make their own porcelain.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice collection of stuff you've got there, thanks for posting.
The whitish marble like piece I'd guess; clay marble and not indian artifact. Just my thoughts, they are often not very round compared to a glass marble and often have irregularities in the surface, like yours. They are fairly common and I've found several while hunting for indian artifacts out in the field.
Your probably right concerning the rock that is possibly a fish weight, although it looks like one, but is very lightweight for its size as you stated, it is probably just petrified clay, and not an uncommon example.
If you know what area of Mexico the Effigy stone was found in, you should post that info., there are people that contribute on this site that may be able to elucidate on that item.

OP
OP
Andrews_Adventures_SC
Apr 15, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thanks and I'll have to ask my friend if he knows anymore on that effigy from Mexico.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool collection. In the pic of the frame, what's the story on the black rock in the lower right hand corner? Also maybe some individual pics of the metal points.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great collection. Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions