2nd recent creek find

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this nice palmer point Fri. 7/24. Couldn't believe it when I saw it in my screen. This is the 7th point (4 whole, 3 broken) that I've found in the same place. There is an area in my creek that has a line of sandstone rocks all the way across the creek. It may have been a small mill of early settlers in this area. Anyway, it is a place where points have come down the creek and become lodged amongst the rocks and stuck there. Also found the old "cut nail/spike". By the way, Yakker gave me some tips of where to search. Thanks Yakker!

DSCN0933.JPG DSCN0934.JPG

Upvote 0

barktan

Feb 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this nice palmer point Fri. 7/24. Couldn't believe it when I saw it in my screen. This is the 7th point (4 whole, 3 broken) that I've found in the same place. There is an area in my creek that has a line of sandstone rocks all the way across the creek. It may have been a small mill of early settlers in this area. Anyway, it is a place where points have come down the creek and become lodged amongst the rocks and stuck there. Also found the old "cut nail/spike". By the way, Yakker gave me some tips of where to search. Thanks Yakker!

View attachment 1192703 View attachment 1192704
Hi. Nice point! Could you pass on a few tips for me?

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great point find! This was found in NC right? The archeologist in my area told me that the Palmer point is a transitional Paleo/Archaic point and roughly 9,000 years old.

OP
OP
P

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great point find! This was found in NC right? The archeologist in my area told me that the Palmer point is a transitional Paleo/Archaic point and roughly 9,000 years old.

Davidson County, NC.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome looking point! I might lean more toward the Rowan type.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice point. Congratulations

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to admit that is a very nice perfect little point. I wish you more luck in those favorite spots.

OP
OP
P

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome looking point! I might lean more toward the Rowan type.

Yeah, I can see that. The base is ground and thinned quite a bit. Thanks for all responses!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread