I inherited this artifact, what is it?

rvj

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently help clean out a distant relative house and rescued a couple buckets of rocks from the dumpster. This one has me curious. It appears to be some kind of tool and is what looks like, hand carved. I posted a video on Youtube and mistakenly said I was posting it on facebook instead of youtube. I don't do facebook. Anyway can someone shed some light of what this might be?
I also have what looks like meteors os something else that I can post also. Anyway, here is the link.

Upvote 0

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER TO TNET. CANT SAY WHAT YOU HAVE BUT ONE OF THE EXPERTS WILL BE ALONG TO GIVE YOU SOME HELP.

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be the head of a war club???? Also you should post this to the "What is it" forum on this site. Got to Forum at the top left of this page and then slide down to "What is it".

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome to TNET! Your item in question is a natural worn rock. It does not appear to have been used as a tool.

OP
OP
R

rvj

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies, I never received any emails saying there were replies. I came back to see if any replies had been made and there were these. It is interesting for sure.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have is not an artifact. It was formed by natural erosion. A harder stone, the bands you see, takes longer to erode that the softer material and it leaves those odd bands and shapes. It is a natural stone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread