Poked around the creek after work and found something

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been real dry here the entire month of July and the creek the lowest I've ever seen so no rain and no washings I start raking holes. I've had no luck with finding anything for a couple weeks and haven't found a good projectile point in a very long time until today...it's a little bit of a heartbreaker due to part of the base being broke off in a couple of places but I'm not complaining and I didn't break it so I don't feel so bad since they are old breaks.

Now to determine what point type it is and I'm leaning toward Savannah River...what do ya'll think?

WP_20150821_009.jpg
WP_20150821_011.jpg

View from the pointed end
WP_20150821_012.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did a good job with the stone they had to work with. Looks like it could be a Savannah River with the squared off base.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! Finally huh?
It looks like one of the Savannah river cluster called an Appalachian to me

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You scored! Congrats.
No heartbreak in used tools. None at all. Some were discards after damage from use, or did not pass quality control during or after knapping that are worth saving today.
Why let a good one go back then?
You sure got a happy dance keeper. :hello2:

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did a good job with the stone they had to work with. Looks like it could be a Savannah River with the squared off base.

I've found a couple other Savannah River types made from quarzite and it's amazing how well they're made. One is a knife and it's white the other is a broken spear point and it's bluish with veins of dark blue. This one has the blue veins too.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! Have to believe there is much more in your creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread