New here, and noticed a few finds looked similar to a few of mine ,

Flatrocker

Greenie
Aug 24, 2015
Upstate South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
About ten years ago, i started picking up and digging quartz out of my creek banks, i had found a good many(crystals or the pointy ones), but nothing to compare to what i found after having the timber cut! With the ground turned over, i found buckets full. But never what i considered really good ones, they all had flaws, chips, or something wrong with each one. Then in Jan, i picked up a rock with an arrowhead stuck to the bottom! That got me talking to others, and i was told to seek quartz chips, and the like! Already having several buckets full, i started going over them once more. As many times as i had looked /studied them, i was amazed i'd never noticed the works that they had on them.
Last night, after joining this site, it appeared that i had similar rocks, (i think, y'all tell me) to a lot of arrowhead, spearheads, and effigies, i think i have many of them.
Anyway, i'd appreciate it y'alls input if i do or not? Here a few from lately! Thanks , Flatrocker
Oh yea, i do have an one that resembles the last moccasin SAM_0652.JPG 20140922_143639.jpg 20150727_131150.jpg 20150828_055025.jpg 20150828_060407.jpg or whatever ya decided it was-- or wasn't!

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome!

Your first two items look like you may have some points there, but the rest appear to be regular rocks that have not been altered by man.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! The first two look like they have been worked and may be projectile points. The others are similar to what I find and are just rocks and what some of us call "dang its". Keep looking though because the first two tell me there is potentially more there. Good luck!

OP
OP
F

Flatrocker

Greenie
Aug 24, 2015
Upstate South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree with everyone, about the 1st two, the projectile points or arrowheads, and about the last two, i wasn't sure but thought the could be something about them, i was missing, so, i am in agreement on the last two, that look like they could be points! But, on the one that has the eye, and nose and mouth, i whole heartily disagree . It may be due to my poor photography, or that one may have been made with my phone, my camera died a couple months ago. The one i am disagreeing with y'all on, worked into a quartz point, you may not can see it from this picture, but it even has an eyeball worked into it! I'll try to post better pictures, asap, and think will also be able to see what i see. Sorry for the poor pictures! Digging Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread