tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took me a cat nap after work today and got up after a half hour by the normal barking of the dogs who hate that I do that and decided to get on my bike and ride 5 miles to the place I now call the mano hill. You guys have encouraged me to take a further look around as I returned to look for the possible metate the mano was used on, but didn't find it. I looked around the area and there I spot it, up against some clump grass, the very first ever arrowhead I've found in my home area. It's around the width of a dime and missing the tip and tail, but still has both notches, I took the picture of it before I picked it up. I road my bike further behind bluffs and could see from there I've got a lot of open ground to inspect. I can also see that the erosion from the big rains 2+ years ago has washed the surface very well of the soil in places and my hope is more artifacts in those washed out areas. I think I'll also get me a wrist-rocket down at Walmart and knockout a few cottontails this winter. Now that would get me in real trouble with the fine folks here in Boulder County. I stayed out til the sun went down behind the Rocky's and assembled me a thank you to the spirits of the hill for the find and headed out. I'll be hunting this place from time to time and showing what I find if anymore.

Attachments

• mano hill 1.jpg
    mano hill 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • mano hill 2.jpg
    mano hill 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 155
  • mano hill 3.jpg
    mano hill 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 162
  • mano hill 4.jpg
    mano hill 4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice Jasper point. Great story to go along with it.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice photography and find, and I had a chuckle at your totem.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photography and find, and I had a chuckle at your totem.
:laughing7: I kindof like doing these. This one done with a bit of materials courtesy of a former prairie dog. I should, gather all those up and make a bunch of them.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argggghhh ! A pirates hunt for ancient stone tools! Nice pictures and good score on the hunt!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back Sunday afternoon and found only two pieces of the same color jasper flakes and got a nice tan. My wife and I see a marriage counselor - aka couples therapist. He said he wants me to teach him to hunt for artifacts. The dude wants to be my buddy now. My wife who is a therapist for a living said what he's doing is unethical in the profession, but she said if it helps me be better she'll approve. This is a great opportunity for me to teach someone what real therapy is. The guys blown away with the things I find. I feel for him because he was abandoned by his dad and all growing up. I'm thinking he'll learn a new way to help the lost in life from my kind of intervention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions