Return to The Field of My First Find

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to gain permission to the field right on the North Canadian River where I found my first point at age eight, and the field is being tilled for the first time in years, having just been used as a hay field for the past umpteen years. I had made one trip after it was disked up but got skunked. It finally rained on it a couple of weeks ago and was able to get down there last evening and this morning. Finally hit an area where there must have been a camp at one time and found this trio. I had my camera with me but discovered my daughter had borrowed the SD card without my knowing it, so wasn't able to get in situ photos like I planned.

DSCN0304.JPG

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking points.

OP
OP
Trooper733

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, probably 90% of the points I find around here are that white/off white chert. I would like to hunt in other regions sometime for more variety and types.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too like the middle one but I wouldn't kick the others out of bed for eating soda crackers!

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always reminiscent to return to an old hunting ground, and to find artifacts too...awesome. Must have made you a happy "Trooper". Good for you!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Go back real often while you can! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread