Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a few weeks ago, my wife was searching for some nice rock along the bank of the st-francis river, near our cabin. She founds what look like beads and some other things. She also found a strange stone, with markings. I think it is natural but not the boss. Forgot to mention that the beads are found at the junction of small stream that falls in the river, mixed with the sediments. We live about 30-40 miles upstream of Odanak. What to do think about those finds? Thank you for input.

Attachments

• the stream.jpg
    the stream.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 260
  • beads1.jpg
    beads1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 280
  • beads2.jpg
    beads2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 264
  • other finds.jpg
    other finds.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 261
  • strange rock.jpg
    strange rock.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like petrified wood branches. I have found a few. The plate peice is early 1800. Might be a old house near by

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clay beads as you call them are a mix of iron, sand and clay that formed around tree roots then the roots rot and leave the tube. I have creeks that I find that stuff in all the time. artifact nots 004.JPG artifact nots 002.JPG The first photo is of a piece that looks like a broken pipe but it's not. The 2nd piece is from another creek you can tell by the color, looks like some type of bowl cone shape thing, but they are all made by mother nature.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the others. Those are Root Casts formed as monsterack stated. Not beads and you rock is natural too.

OP
OP
bill_wabo

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your response, i had a doubt it was natural, but was hoping. I realize i should have post it in "What is it" section. Wife will not like it. :help:

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i find those at the beach by the bucket full...in my area those would be sand shrimp burrow necks.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
since they are not remarkable, clean up the ends, bake them in the oven for a couple hours to dry them thoroughly, and put them in a kiln to fire them hard...make nice beads out of them....that's what I do. Mine look like that color but come out pink when fired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread