rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a bit today maybe a hour. Good old cow field which isnt much to look on due to the grass. Cows put a hurting on points by the way. My Pancreatitis came back to visit me this week. I go back to work tomorrow and can make the day I hope. But anyway here is a couple I found. Found a grinder to but doesnt show well. Maybe next week they will pull the cotton then its game on till the grass grows back. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC10877.JPG
    SDC10877.JPG
    673.8 KB · Views: 134
  • SDC10879.JPG
    SDC10879.JPG
    688.8 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you could get out! I'm liking the color of the second one. There's cows next door to me but that bull scares me so we don't go in that field :o I went in the creek for a little this afternoon but came back empty handed...but most times that's how it rolls. Good luck on your next hunt!

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Good job Rock!

Finding anything that small in a pasture is doing real well.

Hope your issue gets resolved!

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Hope you continue to improve and find a lot of artifacts on your next hunt.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first photo the base almost looks like a Dalton, and any find is a good find. I hope you get back on your feet:thumbsup:

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds, not the usual material you find in that area. Feel better soon I hope.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Prayers that you overcome this recent setback.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went to work yesterday wasnt feeling real good at the start but was feeling pretty good by the end. Not real busy of a day so that was nice. Feeling even better today. I will bounce back this is the 3rd time I have gotten it in the past 5 yrs. No cancer thank god. If you ever get cancer in that organ its game over. Every time they do the scan nothing shows up. Mystery illness is what they say.
But on the artifacts on the 1st one I think it is a badly broken Brewerton which is the oldest I have found in that spot. The other probably would of been a Woodland stemmed knife and is made from Jasper. Thanks it was one of those days and maybe next time a whole one will pop for me.
On the good side they did do a shallow plow on a field but put down a cover crop that I might be able to walk next week if we dont get more rain as I was told. Its the field that me avatar point was found :)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad it's not cancer and hope you feel better soon and it don't rain too much but just enough to bring them to the surface.

Thanks! Poured last night. Just cant get a break lately. They cant harvest the cotton till it dries out.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the same boat Rock. Waiting for the cotton to be picked and hoping they don't plant a winter crop on the good hunting areas. Nice material on those. Hope the next on is whole for ya.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the same boat Rock. Waiting for the cotton to be picked and hoping they don't plant a winter crop on the good hunting areas. Nice material on those. Hope the next on is whole for ya.

Thanks it was whole by the way. Man they planted the cover crop on 1 field where I found my avatar point and it isnt a cover crop its a cover blanket. Looks like radishes but they used a spreader instead of putting it in rows like usually. I hope they dont put that stuff on all the fields Id be real sad if they did. They did do a lite plow on it before but I wont see the results of that till next year in the spring if Im lucky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread