FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone, I was out in a construction site a couple days ago trying to see if a sinkhole opened up into a cavern yet. On my way up the hill I saw a freshly bulldozed area. As I headed towards it, I saw this beautiful Lost Lake point sticking out of the ground. As you can imagine, nothing could get me down the rest of the day!! I went back yesterday and found nothing at all :-\. Let me know what you think. Thanks and HH!

Fox

Attachments

• kirk3.jpg
    kirk3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 842
  • kirk3.jpg
    kirk3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 841
  • kirk2.jpg
    kirk2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 841
Upvote 0
OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know how much it might be worth? I dont really plan on selling it, but it would be good to know its value.

HH!

Fox

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Killer find Foxhound! What is the material? (kinda looks like fort payne from here) Worth depends on several factors, but I think it comes down to finding that right person who will give you almost whatever you want for it. Around $100 an inch sounds reasonable to me. but that's just an opnion again.
badandy

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
badandy said:
Killer find Foxhound! What is the material? (kinda looks like fort payne from here) Worth depends on several factors, but I think it comes down to finding that right person who will give you almost whatever you want for it. Around $100 an inch sounds reasonable to me. but that's just an opnion again.
badandy

I think you are right on the material. Its either Fort Payne or a varient that is only found around here called New Chapel Chert. It's hard to tell the difference. Thanks for the info on price, I figured it would be worth around that much.

HH!

Fox

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a monster of a beauty!! Congrats!

;) RR

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello again everyone. I have hit some hardships and this point is now for sale. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. I will set the price at $400 or best offer. Thanks and God bless.

HH!

Fox

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
FoxHound said:
Hello everyone, I was out in a construction site a couple days ago trying to see if a sinkhole opened up into a cavern yet. On my way up the hill I saw a freshly bulldozed area. As I headed towards it, I saw this beautiful Lost Lake point sticking out of the ground. As you can imagine, nothing could get me down the rest of the day!! I went back yesterday and found nothing at all :-\. Let me know what you think. Thanks and HH!

Fox
Must have missed this one somehow. Wow I,m at a lost for words,Lost lake tht be. Maybe the nicest I,ve seen in a while . A little late but congradulations on a super find!! Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread