Lets here your best tip for finding artifacts.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know we all have our secrets of finding artifacts and dont want to give them all away or everyone will be doing it. But I need some new ideas with the way its going or I will have to find another hobby soon. So lets hear some new discoveries that you experienced hunters have come to find artifacts with. I will give 1 to start it off. Thanks, rock

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock …If you are stuck in a rut…you might try this…#1 take a break for awhile…I might go weeks or months before hunting and this allows me to rekindle my interest/passion. #2 I also know that sometimes when I decide to hunt I always face this dilemma of going where I know I've found stuff vs. trying a completely new area that looks good. Going to a new area might be a bust…or it might not…and if you happen to find something it seems even more exciting because it is like a discovery in itself…

These aren't really techniques…more of a mindset.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best tip I can think of is stop using you imagination to turn a rock into an artifact....Just because a rock fits in your hand or has features you can form into a shape using your imagination doesn't mean it is an artifact, 99.995 of the time it is just a rock....Every pointed rock is not an artifact, Mother nature is real good at forming rocks that man's imagination tries to see something in.....

This exact statement should have the word "artifact" substituted with "treasure sign" and then be posted accordingly in that forum as well.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Walk into the sun when hunting. Points and debitage shine like a new dime in the gas station parking lot.

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
I've always thought successful artifact hunting was just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding arrowheads is easy. Finding the spots where they are at takes a lot more effort now days. Gaining access to land with the top layer of ground disturbed is the most important thing unless you are digging or creek hunting. The window of opportunity is very short lots of times so don't procrastinate. Over the years I have hunted small gardens, big gardens , cut-overs, farm fields, lake shores, construction sites, ditch banks etc. Keep asking permission and keep looking. When you start finding flakes slow down and look harder. There's probably one laying around.

Bay Beagle

Apr 6, 2012
Central, Virginia
Detector(s) used
DEUS XP V5
MINELAB EXPLORER II
NAUTILUS DMC
WHITES COIN MASTER
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In my hood - find oyster shells .............. points, tips and heads - soon follow

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding arrowheads is easy. Finding the spots where they are at takes a lot more effort now days. Gaining access to land with the top layer of ground disturbed is the most important thing unless you are digging or creek hunting. The window of opportunity is very short lots of times so don't procrastinate. Over the years I have hunted small gardens, big gardens , cut-overs, farm fields, lake shores, construction sites, ditch banks etc. Keep asking permission and keep looking. When you start finding flakes slow down and look harder. There's probably one laying around.

Great advice! Hope you find some new, good sites Rock!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lots of good advice and I thank the ones that gave it. Ive hit a hard road rite now with a family member and wont be on as often as I usually was. Thanks again, rock

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck Rock! Stop in as much as you can...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread