Measurement / Scale

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wanted to share a useful tip with anyone who may be interested. If not, that's cool too.

These scales are great for taking in situ photos, as well as for posting up your finds here on TNET with a frame of reference.

They are sized exactly like a credit card, and are made of the same rigid plastic. They will not flutter in a breeze when you lay them down on the ground next to a point.

They have the typical ultra-flat finish that eliminates washout when using flash photography or if you have the sun directly overhead.

They are dry erase marker friendly - i write the GPS/locational data on the card before I lay it down next to a point and snap an in situ photo - If your not as serious about cataloguing your finds i understand and no hard feelings.

I keep one in my wallet, one in my truck, and one upside down in the bottom of my pocket-sized transparent finds box under the batting... Just flip the box over for a quick measurement.

It only cost a few bucks (they take Paypal if thats your preferred method) to get a couple and have 'em shipped to the states from the UK.

I don't know if we are supposed to post up business websites here on TNET, but I'm confident that if you are interested you can figure out where to get them, haha.
112ddc2533500bd3861e52b11d4a5605.jpg

b7123bdd682eb65792c38cf63713de50.jpg

~Tejaas~

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's excellent! Always nice to have a professional looking scale, and that's got enough size for in-situs. I use a cm scale cube when photographing meteorites. It works with points, but your's is better suited for points I think...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread