Trip to the midwest

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading home to Illinois for thanksgiving.My brother lives in oquawka Illinois which is an area rich in artifacts.I am looking forward to a little field hunting for a change..We have family that farms over by Athens missouri so I think a visit is in order it is on the des Moines river I'm really stoked...Things have slowed down here in Maine.My last to hunts have yielded a pair of channel locks and a ugly stick fishing pole combination that must have fell out out of a boat ...time for a change Illinois and Missouri ought to do it....also on my last hunt I came across this track that had me looking over my shoulder...mjm IMAG0260.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat an old N. A. fishing pole and bigfoot tracks.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
oquawka, I had to look that up on the map. Looks like there could be some very nice hunting around there. Probably see a lot of Burlington chert.

also on my last hunt I came across this track that had me looking over my shoulder..

That would be enough to make me head 180 degrees away from where that track was heading.

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
Not familiar with the area you are going to in Illinois, but much of Illinois is very good for artifacts. If you can get into some good fields you may do very well there. I grew up about 15 miles South of Athens. It's right on the Des Moines river and a good spot for artifacts also. It was also the location of a Civil War battle. The farthest North battle in Missouri. Iowa is right across the river. There is a house, now called the "Cannonball House" where you can still see the cannonball hole near the front door. It's supposed to rain Monday and Tuesday here so that may make conditions favorable. Steve

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like its going to be a good adventure. If that is a bear track they have a 50 mile radius for their areas they call their own. I see a track or two every year when its hot and the only water is the creek. Im always listening hard when its that time of the year. Good luck and dont forget to show us the treasures you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions