creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I finally got a chance to get a field walk in and it's a field that hasn't been plowed in around 10 plus years. We couldn't get in before it was planted in soy beans so the field was covered in bean debris. We still managed a few but most everything had been broken by the plow, its a love hate relationship!

11_14_15.jpg 11_14_15a.jpg 11_14_15b.jpg

These are the relics that are mostly complete, a blade, a scraper and a stemmed point probably Adena culture, thanks for looking and Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Those are tough conditions to look but you were successful. Thanks for sharing.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you two did very well considering the field conditions, that's what a lot of the fields look like now days where I'm at, all the way from harvest to spring planting.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its amazing you found anything in a soybean field. I have walked 1 before and gave up. Nice finds and kudos on that.

OP
OP
creekhunter

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0778.jpg
The best find in hand, and all the quality artifacts that were broke, still a great time. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree lots of broken ones in a field. Glad you were able to find some nice ones to keep. They must use the disc in your area like here. The disc will cut them in half the plow will usually just push them.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice walk and finds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread