Stone effigy

12strings

Nov 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there...I'm just a treasure digging junkie from Pa. I've been diggin since I was about 12 and never stopped. I came to find this site because I was trying to identify something I found today and I did find what I was looking for. Apparently one other person on this site has the same thing I found and he says he was told to insure them for 200K! Wow! Cool but I don't think they are that special...Cool but not one of a kind! :tongue3: DSC08128.JPG

Upvote 0

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 12 strings,,,

Where are you in Pa? I live a bit South of Harrisburg.
What those items really are depends on how and where you found them.
They very well could be as Stefan said and be cheap touristy knock offs,,
OR
They could be the real deal. Pennsylvania does indeed have some very old sites and quite a few OOPART items have been found here.
More information is needed before I make any determination on anything.

Hit

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to North American Indian Artifact Forum....

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey 12 strings,,,

Where are you in Pa? I live a bit South of Harrisburg.
What those items really are depends on how and where you found them.
They very well could be as Stefan said and be cheap touristy knock offs,,
OR
They could be the real deal. Pennsylvania does indeed have some very old sites and quite a few OOPART items have been found here.
More information is needed before I make any determination on anything.

Hit

For those unfamiliar, OOPART is short for "out of place artifacts". Like finding a a Roman coin in an Indian mound. As Grim Reaper has shown, the term does not apply in this instance anyway.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
You have pieces of one of these and they aren't very old. They are sold at just about any shop you go into in Mexico. If you can get 200K out of it them more power to you since I saw them for around $25 American money while in Cancun.
I see 7 in that pic, so you'd insure that for say 1.4 milllion, wow. ;)

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those unfamiliar, OOPART is short for "out of place artifacts". Like finding a a Roman coin in an Indian mound. As Grim Reaper has shown, the term does not apply in this instance anyway.
=========================================================
I disagree,,, The objects provenance would entirely depend on WHERE and at what DEPTH they were found.
Until those two subjects are addressed I would fully consider those OOPART items. (Mexican statues found in Pennsylvania, out of place, out of context)

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
=========================================================
I disagree,,, The objects provenance would entirely depend on WHERE and at what DEPTH they were found.
Until those two subjects are addressed I would fully consider those OOPART items. (Mexican statues found in Pennsylvania, out of place, out of context)

I tend to go with parsimony: economy of explanation in conformity with Occam's razor.

i could take a relic from anywhere in the world, bury it in Pa., and it automatically is an OOPART? Not very parsimonious at all. That's bypassing the mundane and embracing the exotic explanation uncritically. It depends entirely on where and what depth? So the fact I buried it myself is irrelevant? Parsimony requires we eliminate the mundane before settling on the exotic. Otherwise, not very rigorous or critical in one's thought processes. I'm not that easily persuaded. Occam's razor is a good tool. No way am I just going to flush critical thinking down the drain and immediately embrace an exotic explanation. Shame on me if I do......

Parsimony suggests these arrived in Pa. in the modern era, UNTIL/UNLESS irrefutable evidence actually demonstrates otherwise. Maybe someone could label them OOPARTS EN POTENTIA.

Logic does not dictate that we prove these are not OOPARTS. It's quite the other way around. The burden of proof is on those who support an exotic explanation. Occam's razor. Either we embrace logic, or we do not. I like logic. The suggestion seems to be that we accept these as OOPARTS until proven otherwise. Nope, that's not the way it works. Parsimony, which is standard operating procedure after all, requires the burden of proof is on those who claim exotic explanations. The burden of proof is not upon those who suggest their arrival in the modern era.

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since few will have ever heard of OOPARTS, and since they do seemingly turn the world and time on it's head, especially when they seem to be man made objects in contexts 10's of millions of years old, here is a good intro to the subject. Roman coin in an Indian mound was a poor example I cited, since things like that are more connected to genuine subjects like early possible explorers to the Americas from across the pond. A classic out-of-place-artifact would be a man made metal hammer in a deposit millions of years old. They are artifacts found in a context seemingly impossible to understand......

Ooparts: Out of place Artefacts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread