Creek Finds 11/23 & 11/24/2015

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a couple shards, a beat up quartz Morrow Mtn round base point and a marble all in the same sand bar that the last rain created. I'm curious about the age of the marble so if anyone knows and if not I will post in the other forum. Thanks for looking! HH
WP_20151123_001.jpg WP_20151124_001.jpg WP_20151124_002.jpg

Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Peaches! We use to shoot marbles all the time when I was a Kid( early 70's) I doubt kids now days know what they are. They are good to shoot with the sling shot though.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Peaches! We use to shoot marbles all the time when I was a Kid( early 70's) I doubt kids now days know what they are. They are good to shoot with the sling shot though.

Yep you're right about doubting kids know what they are. I love those little surprises when looking for artifacts and a bit of red shows in the sand and discovering it's a marble and not another leaf. I need a change from upstream with the 3 holes I have to be so careful stepping around so going downstream tomorrow and dig in the spot I call the snake's house, hoping it's not warm enough for it to show up but thinking it will leave anyway if I make enough racket! Hope you're getting to hunt too!

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat marble, nice to find a point in the creek also good luck with tomorrows hunt. Nice finds.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds peaches! I believe there has to be a lot more shards and points deeper down in your creek with all that you find.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one peaches. Takes a keen eye to see a artifact that has been creek worn. Most would call rock on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread