latest farm stuff

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Here are a few things we(me+JB) found over the last few weeks. The piece of wood was found buried in the salt marsh peat and it could be from any time period, but if you know better let me know. The one in the center is probably my favorite heart breaker at this point. It was found yesterday along with the quartz one next to it. They both were found within feet of each other on the surface, as it was raining I didn't have my camera to shoot with (I could kick my self)lol. The bottom middle triangle was found by Jake tail up in the road. Thanks for the look.

colin

Attachments

• farm6.jpg
    farm6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Hey Colin Hows it going? We have some interesting parallels My boys name is collin.And my name is Jay brian.Nice to see more of that green quartzite.Still havent found any white or clear quartz pieces yet plenty of chips but nothing complete.that wood is interesting.I have twice found pieces of wood stakes in the ground about 2 feet down.They were both sharpened to a point.And right smack-dab in the middle of my site.Also stakes taken from the fish weir that i have mentioned before are over 5,000 years old.when they let the water down in the lake you can still see the stakes.They also found a birch bark container semi intact that was over 1700 years old.So who knows how old your wood is?Have you ever found any ground pieces instead of chipped?My last dig i found abroken tip that was so finally ground that it amazed me.It was double edged and to look down the blade it was as true as my buck-knife.I also found another first for me it was abroken spear point that had been chipped then ground to smoothness.I also found my 3rd gouge.I will be posting pics soon ..........................Long-winded Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread