4.25" Archaic blade

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
4.25" Archaic blade

About 5 minutes after I found my discoidal, I was walking back to my car as I had to be home by noon. I was geeked up and did not want to leave the field. I crossed 6 rows and happened to look down and saw this Archaic blade hugged up next to a tobacco plant. My first thought was "You've got to be kidding me!" Five minutes ago, I had picked up the discoidal and now had stumbled across this. Man it was hard to walk out of that field! I still had 3 acres to walk! I will defintely be back in there tomorrow or next weekend at the latest. What a day! The blade has a spokeshave made into the bottom of it. It is in very good condition.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Picture 784.jpg
    Picture 784.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: 4.25" Archaic blade

Nice find Man, How far are you from Taylorsville area?We need to get together if you want.I've got 300 acres to hunt artifacts,would like to meet some fellow rock heads to hunt with.PM me if interested.

P

pickaway

Nice point! great days hunt for you!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky

pickaway said:
Nice point! great days hunt for you!

Thanks Pickaway! It doesn't happen very often! I got out in the field at 7:00 this morning. Man it was peaceful! The only thing I heard for a long while was a couple of roosters crowing in the distance. Best medicine in the world!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky

Hill Billy said:
Nice find Man, How far are you from Taylorsville area?We need to get together if you want.I've got 300 acres to hunt artifacts,would like to meet some fellow rock heads to hunt with.PM me if interested.

Hey Hill Billy! I'm about an hour out of Taylorsville. I used to fish down at Taylorsville Lake a lot, down at the Van Buren boat ramp. How far is that area from you? We should definitely walk a field some day.

Good luck!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

I am only minutes from the boat ramp.It's like right around the corner. PM me sometime when you would like to meet.

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes

Adena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are on it my friend!

pass some of that luck my way!

Get that flint!

xstevenx

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky

Johnny X said:
Adena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are on it my friend!

pass some of that luck my way!

Get that flint!

xstevenx

Hey Johnny X! I was definitely lucky yesterday! I hope to hit that field again next weekend!

Good luck man!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky

I do not find very many artifacts made of this material. Anybody have any ideas on material type? This was found about 40 miles south of Lexington, KY. It might be Breathitt Chert? That is the only material that I can think of in this area.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread