Stone tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll share my collection. It's a nice assortment of tools, blades, scrapers, cores, and cutting/fire stone. I have too much to load on here at once, hope the pictures are clear. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572329.975511.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572346.409058.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572374.554780.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572451.411039.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572550.262328.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got something to say, man? Im not running away, I have a job and I haven't been sitting around on here all day. You don't know me, where I live, or the location and conditions of the area where this stuff was found. Your sarcastic comments are not needed and you haven't saw any of this stuff in person. If you had, you would know what I'm taking about. Not a single question was asked that should have been. You love telling someone they are stupid and don't know what real artifacts look like and they should research true American artifacts so go ahead and flex for the Internet. If it's not perfectly shaped in mint condition and falls under the "everything you know" category, then you dismiss it as just a rock. Yes, there are carvings on this stuff. It's the same repeated symbols on multiple pieces... An x with a full circle around it, an x with a half dotted and half solid circle around it, a lowercase cursive t, one that looks like a pitchfork, and one that looks like an upside down h. Or maybe it's right side up, I don't know. You think I care to waste my time on this if it wasn't really there? If it was written with a sharpie... Seriously. You question my intelligence based on everything you know, but you don't know everything. I fully understand this stuff doesn't follow the normal flint knapped tools and history book knowledge you have been fed. I'm not stupid, I'm very smart and piece things together quickly. It's not my imagination or lack of knowledge that's letting me run wild and get defensive. It's my observation and ability for detail that has allowed me to figure things out and has gotten me this far. Like I said, you don't know where I live or what the area is like where this stuff was found. If this stuff is nothing then so be it, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. But, I know for a fact that it's not just nothing. I don't know who made it or when, but what I do know is the temperature some of this stuff was exposed to is extremely high and there are metals mixed in with it. Magnetite and hematite have been found and some of the points have layers of iron oxide that have made a lot of the stuff hard to identify. The soil is not normal like other areas. It's high in iron and sulfur dioxide, shale, and a black glass like material resembling obsidian but I don't think it is.
There's amphibian fossils and coral beds still soft in the clay only inches below the grass. Mica flakes are embedded in and on almost everything. I offer anyone with the curiosity and willingness to come check it out for themselves. You will see what I mean and realize that I'm not just another crazy amateur with a pile of rocks trying to persuade an Internet forum. You mention the faces carved into rocks... I've read about those recently. I had no prior knowledge the faces or the birds even existed, but what a coincidence that some of those places are directly south of my property about 40 minutes away and like I said, I didn't know anything about it prior, but check out days knob, where everything I found on my property matches everything found there...40 minutes south of me. But, I'm just throwing that out there. And another thing so we are clear. It's scientifically confirmed that the other continents were inhabited millions of years ago. This part ain't about my photos, just history in general and what all of your ideas are. So with that said, how privileged we must all be to live in North America, where no one stepped foot until 15,000 years ago. If you believe that cool, I'm not going to argue cause that's your opinion and your right. They also said Ohio was completely eroded by the ice age and the floods. But, that's not true either. Again, you're entitled to your own opinion, but don't assume everyone is crazy and your answers are right. I thought the whole point of science and archeology was supposed to discover new things and keep it pushing. I'm not a scientist or archeologist. I'm just an industrial electrician that stumbled upon a pile of questions that don't add up. With all this being said, my wife is a hell of a cook and anyone willing to come see for themselves is invited. I guarantee you'll be wondering wtf also. Bring a shovel, I'll buy the beer. Oh, and don't forget the sharpie...

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This seem normal to anyone?
Along with the carvings, some of the stuff you can see where it was tied up. I circled the one picture. Seems unlikely this is all nothing since it was found in the same spot, where there's something still buried in the ground. I don't know what it is, but it's big and been there a long time. I didn't want to remove it. I'll post the photo by itself and circle where it was exposed.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454920727.668660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454920451.045521.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454920134.938399.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454919994.565890.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454920983.880867.jpg

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while metal detecting with my son. Had a hit on a piece of magnetite which we then uncovered this rock and everything in the photos, along with whatever we left buried there. In my opinion it's worth questioning...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454921585.400593.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454921545.847014.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454921804.377294.jpg

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Oh boy. Here we go again!

I would expect an ancient sea floor to contain more odd things than I could imagine. Don't let your imagination run wild with this stuff. It, for the most part is clearly naturally occurring materials.

Now, those birds??? Them guys were terrible carvers! It just like a natural broken piece with no sign of any workmanship.

Oh, and I think you missed something. I thought i saw a face in with the writings on one if the rocks you posted earlier. Or maybe you just forgot to mention it?

We we need an imaginary artifact forum so things can be put in their proper place.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would suggest you take some of your pieces to a local university. Unfortunately, I think you need to hear an outside opinion.

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mineralogist identified the pieces of magnetite, all of the Quartz and jasper stuff, one piece he said appeared to be clay but was "like" a pottery type. The archeologist was interested when he observed a few of the items I have and he first asked where I obtained them, did I buy them or find them somewhere? My son said, we found them in our yard, and then he goes, well they are most likely commonly found in nature. I said, all in one spot? His response was, nature does funny things.... I stood there like, wtf? you were just acting like they were for real until he heard where we got them. I know the photos suck, but whatever. I'm over this. Y'all win... Let me know when you get that imaginary forum started so I can think what I want

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would be awesome, can you start one?

I started another thread, "Rock meets Artifact", partly in response to what happened here, namely to explain how threads like this so often head south. It may help you to read that thread; it does touch on how things went sour.

You are but one of many, many people who have posted non-artifacts to this forum, while stating the belief that they are artifacts. Right now, it seems likely this conversation will have to reach the conclusion that we agree to disagree.
You are mistaken. If you could accept that as a fact, you could begin to educate yourself on what artifacts in Ohio look like, and hopefully avoid confusing rocks for Native American artifacts, or confusing rocks for artifacts of Old World cultures for that matter. You need to be able to say "despite all the emotional investment and the thought I have put into what I am trying to tell these people, the truth is that I have been completely mistaken".

Nobody is saying you are not intelligent, but it does sound like you are enveloped in an obsessive idea that has taken hold of your thought process and just won't let go of your mind. It's probably not even healthy. You're running full throttle with an idea and evidence(rocks) that simply will never add up. You need to be able to get to the point where you can step back from your immovable position and realize we are telling you the truth. Instead, at the moment, you've decided posting more rocks might turn the tide, and the members here will see the light and realize you are right. Know with certainty that that is not going to happen. You need to start by realizing your ideas are mistaken, and your evidence are rocks, not artifacts.

Otherwise, we end in a stalemate. We do not know everything there is to know. We're fallible humans just like yourself. But what we have been telling you is the truth. You are obsessed with ideas that have no substance in fact. You will find the exact same reaction to your position will occur on any of the several Native American artifact forums. You will see sarcasm as well, because of what I try to explain in the thread "rock meets artifact". I can and do admire a person who displays the courage of his convictions and fights for those convictions. But, when those convictions are flat out mistaken, it would not be right, not honest, for people here to agree with you just so you can feel you are onto something big. Please consider that the hundreds of years of collective experience present on this and other such forums is providing you with the opportunity to learn. Refusing to learn is your prerogative, but it just will not carry the day for you.

We will likely need to agree to disagree.....

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooo, did you get that imaginary forum started yet?? Let me know, I'd like to post a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread