Seven pottery shards and 2 quartz points today

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the flooding rain we had Wednesday really changed the creek and now there are all new sand and pebble bars from one end to the other :hello2: I was fortunate to find 7 pottery shards, a quartz point that has a broken base and tip so I can't really ID it, the other quartz is really beat up but I posted it anyway. The stone in the center looks like a thick flake but the pic doesn't show the flaking on that side clearly and it might just be a rock. Still, today was a real good day in the creek, I found cool stuff and my son worked on the pipe under the bridge that was blocked with limbs and sawed off tree trunks.
WP_20160206_002.jpg WP_20160206_004.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nice to see points as well as pottery, hope some more washed up.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is Cool! It sure does help when a cloud burst moves the soil around. Well Done! :icon_thumright:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds!

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. The larger Quartz piece looks like it might be a Guilford round base, but like you said, hard to ID with the damage. The other piece looks bifurcated, from whats left of it. Good luck in your creek and thanks for the view.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the points would be coming in addition to the pottery. Wish you continued good luck!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing there is no stain on the quartz it probably hadnt been in the creek long. Look and see if any new trees had fallen in off the banks might see where it fell in from. Thats great you had a good day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread