Todays pottery from the creek 2-13-16

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's pottery from the creek 2-13-16

The one in the first pic I found yesterday on my lunch break and the other 2 in the 2nd pic I found today. It's freezing cold here and even with 2 pairs of socks and gloves it's hard to stay in the creek for very long. I'm so ready for Spring minus the snakes :tongue3: WP_20160212_002.jpg WP_20160213_006.jpg

Upvote 0

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Pretty cold here on the coast as well.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should follow that creek upstream until you quit finding pottery and then start looking for the campsite.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sherds and the 2nd one looks like cord marked. Cold here to I went the other day and it was 30 and that hasnt changed yet just colder. They say 60s next week we will see.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sherds and the 2nd one looks like cord marked. Cold here to I went the other day and it was 30 and that hasnt changed yet just colder. They say 60s next week we will see.

Thank you! It's supposed to get down to 14 tonight and then we go into a winter weather warning beginning tomorrow evening thru Monday evening, probably some snow and ice. This is the time of year I really get homesick for Georgia lol

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should follow that creek upstream until you quit finding pottery and then start looking for the campsite.

Thats possible to do but it really depends on how long the creek is cause a shard can travel a long distance. Here the creeks travel many miles like 20 or more and that doesnt include the bends. She can always Google Earth it and view it from above I did that for a while on the creeks in my area.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats possible to do but it really depends on how long the creek is cause a shard can travel a long distance. Here the creeks travel many miles like 20 or more and that doesnt include the bends. She can always Google Earth it and view it from above I did that for a while on the creeks in my area.

We walked up it, I say up because it starting to taper up to the mountains, and went as far as we could without trespassing. It was blocked by fencing for some donkeys and other livestock and is their water source. To go any further I will need to talk to the property owners. But yes it's a long creek and comes off the mountain.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We walked up it, I say up because it starting to taper up to the mountains, and went as far as we could without trespassing. It was blocked by fencing for some donkeys and other livestock and is their water source. To go any further I will need to talk to the property owners. But yes it's a long creek and comes off the mountain.

I hunt 1 like that and find plenty of evidence that they lived in the mountain section where the creek washes them down to where I am allowed to look. Probably at the source you will find plenty of stone artifacts if you can get permission. Hope you can cause they should be there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread