VERY OLD JUNKYARD

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
propointer,350,AT pro(rarely use,prefer 350).
Primary Interest:
Other
found in freshly plowed field in chatham co.nc last wkend.a friend of mine invited me dn to search a field that had been plowed for the 1st time in about 30 yrs..he had 100's of pristine points,scrapers & others that he had found yrs.ago.there were so many that he never bothered to pick up the broken ones.they were everywhere & i found these in just a couple of days.it had rained a few days before so the tops were washed off & were easy to spot....some were sitting on top like toadstools.used chart to id a few.others are shards & chips.(8000 or 10,000 bc-1700's). DSCN1975.JPG DSCN1976.JPG DSCN1974.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like one of those places you dream about! I'd set up camp there. Tony

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it looks like you needed a little red wagon to haul all of those back. Looks like a great place.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice artifacts and wonderful site. Glad you got to go down and hunt it, and hopefully it will get turned on a regular basis so that you can hunt it again. A spot like that should produce artifacts all summer long as more soil washing takes place. Hopefully whatever crop they plant there will leave some ground exposed for you. you got a nice variety of point types and ages there. HH

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be there after every rain. I have a field I have been walking for 2 years now since they turned it and it keeps producing not as fast as the 1st year but some are still popping out. I have to say the ax is very nice and would like to see a single photo of it in hand. Thanks for sharing

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i have dreams about a hunt like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread