Family property near RUSSELL CAVE Alabama

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My great uncle lives within walking distance of Russell Cave. My dad went to visit him a couple days ago and found 7 arrowheads in his field. There is a large stream that runs down behind his house and a burial site on his neighbors property about 50ish yards from the stream. So today I went and searched by the stream in a spot about 7feet deep where years ago he excavated Two large trees that uprooted during a storm. I will take pics and share them asap. Let me know what you all think. TIA

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see the photos of the points, 7 points just walking I would look some more

OP
OP
T

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see the photos of the points, 7 points just walking I would look some more

They are at his house, I will get pics. Here are the ground stones I found though�� image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story, but honestly I don't see anything but naturally formed stones here.

OP
OP
T

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story, but honestly I don't see anything but naturally formed stones here.

I understand. Other than very random pieces of limestone or chert There weren't any other rocks in the layer. Im literally in a 7foot deep "ditch" looking at layers of diff sediment. At the bottom of the dug out area is a slab of limestone that lines up almost with the limestone outcropping by the stream. I'm assuming that's where he stopped.... When his track hoe Hit that limestone. All of the ones I found were in the hard chert clay stuck together in one chunk or exposed directly beside each other..... Laying untouched for who knows how many years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
T

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's amazing what Mother Nature can do.. Look at all these "natural" rocks that just happened to be found randomly together beside one another.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
T

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well darn! I guess we can check another one off for "naturally formed". Mother Nature sure is mean.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be visiting Russell Cave soon when I visit my family in Huntsville. Interesting place to visit! I use to check out a library book just to see all the artifacts found during the research when I was in high school over 50 years ago. If you get a chance go by and take the tour.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread