Serious question for the "experts"

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is everyone SO quick to call a possible stone tool artifact "geofacts,natural, river Rock or just weathered stone?" No matter if it fits the description identically everyone will say it's not made by Native Americans simply because you don't find flint or arrowheads. But post that same stone tool with pictures of flakes or points and everyone will say it's man made.

That's like finding an empty McDonald's Big Mac box and saying it's not from McDonald's because the Big Mac wasn't in there.

I know this is true because I've posted pics of "possible artifacts/flakes/worked stone" and was told it's just "naturally chipped"..then I finally found an arrowhead and posted it with a pic of the same "naturally chipped rock" and y'all identified it as a scraper.

With that said please tell me this is a naturally formed stone.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good for you, you found a real artifact. Now if you love doing this, keep going out there and finding more and enjoy sharing them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last two pictures are more on their line. But all are, if they only knew.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr. Waffles

Greenie
Feb 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technically most Native American artifacts are just rocks when you think about it...

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Technically most Native American artifacts are just rocks when you think about it...

And, of course, extraordinarily few rocks are actually Native American artifacts, if you think about it. As well, seeing images in stone is not proof of such images oftimes. Sometimes it's proof of an active imagination.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, of course, extraordinarily few rocks are actually Native American artifacts, if you think about it. As well, seeing images in stone is not proof of such images oftimes. Sometimes it's proof of an active imagination.....
Why waste time looking for rocks that has a .0001% chance of maybe being stepped on or sat on 2000 years ago, I would rather look for and collect something that was made by ancient man. 2000 years ago ancient man picks up a rock and throws it at a bird attempting to kill it, it is an artifact in the strictest sense but is it something worth collecting or arguing about, in my opinion no!

We do a disservice to new artifact hunters to encourage them in collecting rocks based on imagination instead of collecting real artifacts, they waste time trying to look for rocks with their imagination instead of with their eyes...

Just saying..........

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys know arrow head and stuff like that. They are good at it.They don't know apparently anything that is related to the treasure code. I wish more would speak up about it. Some of your stones do have something on them. Even some of the arrow head looking one have code on it. So don't be discouraged by people that don't know this kind of artifacts. The stones you have shown are small and harder to see what's on them. The fact that you found more than one tell me that you are fairly close to a hidden site. Go with your gut on it. That way you can prove your right about it. This is a new finding that only a few know about and many have thrown away. The old came learn a new trick if their willing. Here is a couple for them. Their not natural rocks unless God did the work on them.
ee71859f0e01d44c66dfd69e6b985fba.jpg
c37ebc3df1795c05c14af660ca55c5ea.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natural stones.... This is American Indian Artifact Forum, not rock forum..

OP
OP
T

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys know arrow head and stuff like that. They are good at it.They don't know apparently anything that is related to the treasure code. I wish more would speak up about it. Some of your stones do have something on them. Even some of the arrow head looking one have code on it. So don't be discouraged by people that don't know this kind of artifacts. The stones you have shown are small and harder to see what's on them. The fact that you found more than one tell me that you are fairly close to a hidden site. Go with your gut on it. That way you can prove your right about it. This is a new finding that only a few know about and many have thrown away. The old came learn a new trick if their willing. Here is a couple for them. Their not natural rocks unless God did the work on them.
ee71859f0e01d44c66dfd69e6b985fba.jpg
c37ebc3df1795c05c14af660ca55c5ea.jpg

I appreciate your imagination but I think I'll pass. The native people lived everyday trying to survive to the next. Making hidden symbols and secret treasures would've been pointless and serve no purpose

OP
OP
T

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nonetheless it's an interesting theory.... How long have you been aware of this theory?

S

stefen

Just viewed a cloud that looked like a rock...wonder if it's an artifact...oops it's gone now...

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many 'tools' were simply conveniently shaped stones that were close at hand, used a few times for a simple task, then discarded. Tools come in many levels of refinement; some are literally picked up, used once and then put back on the ground... we've all done this while pounding tent stakes with a stone. This, I believe is the case with the photos you are posting. The original stone in this thread might be a tool, like a pestle, or could be a smoothed pebble from a creek... without seeing it close-up in person, it is just too difficult to tell for sure. I have found tons of similar stones in creeks in my area... now, find one on top of a hill where there are no other water-worn pebbles and you might have something.

There were surely times when things were hard and day to day life was a struggle, but I feel that most of the time things were pretty easy going... I base that opinion on the fact that so many artifacts are approaching 'art' and go far beyond utility; you don't put that much effort into a tool when you're starving. That being said, still many stones were used as found, then thrown away.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones I'm talking about lived with the natives. I can't help the fact we live in a close minded world. I'm the one laughing. They don't want you guys knowing this information. More for for us real treasure hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread