Finally, something interesting...

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No way?!? What's this, something other than pottery shards? Thats not to say pottery isn't interesting, but I prefer artifacts made from rocks. lol It's nothing special compared to what some of you guys dig up, but I'll take what I can get. Its a beautiful material and both sides have been napped to a very thin edge. AND to top it off, I actually used a real camera this time to take pictures of it, not my crappy iphone 4.

DSC07617.JPG DSC07621.JPG DSC07622.JPG DSC07623.JPG DSC07624.JPG DSC07638.JPG DSC07639.JPG

...Oh yeah, and whats a hunt without finding at least one piece of pottery. :P

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice material shame its got some damage where you are holding it. The pottery I will have to take your word for it cause it looks like sandstone I find.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you located regionally? From what I can tell on my phone, that looks like it might be a piece of Alibates Chert? Looks awesome...!!! :-) :-)

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece of material not sure what it is.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first item looks like a well utilized core, of some pretty nice material. Just my opinion from similar materials that I find.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All finds are artifacts, even if they are not ones to go in a display. I have had days I didn't find that much. Good finds and I like the stone also.:thumbsup:

Mr. Waffles

Greenie
Feb 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice material shame its got some damage where you are holding it. The pottery I will have to take your word for it cause it looks like sandstone I find.

Yeah I figured ya'll would have to take my word for it on that one. The pottery shard is tiny and the photo kinda sucks. Lol I find a lot of pottery so I can identify it pretty easily. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459387283.608234.jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep pottery I saw plenty of it yesterday in a field. When I see it I know a camp site is close by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions