If ity fits the hand

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now most will tell you of the seasoned hunters and when looking at artifacts if you say it fits the hand perfectly it is not an artifact. I agree with that statement. Very few were used that way and the premise to base it as an artifact usually is misguided. So with that said here is one that is one of the few.
652.JPG 653.JPG

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful and well worked knife. :icon_thumleft:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most any rock you pick up will "fit the hand" if you turn it enough. You will eventually find a spot where it fits well because that is just the way hands are made to work. It's not that the stone fits the hand as much as it is your hand conforms to fit the stone.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ity probably a side scraper which is a hand held scraper.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt there.... As already stated most rocks will fit the hand and fingers if you turn it enough and use your imagination, but with out confirmed signs of flaking or pecking it is just a rock....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with that assessment Chase2. Have you done much looking down in South Park? I've found some sites, but nothing paleo.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Most any rock you pick up will "fit the hand" if you turn it enough. You will eventually find a spot where it fits well because that is just the way hands are made to work. It's not that the stone fits the hand as much as it is your hand conforms to fit the stone.

Steve - your efforts in making this point are why I labeled you TheGrimReaper so many years ago.

Nice find Chase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread