Had to share this one.. please help i.d.

Jd.Ole13

Apr 8, 2016
Northern, CA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went up to my grandparents cabin today. They whipped out their divided storage container boxes. and wholly crap. i have to share some of these stellar finds with you guys. Going back wed to snap a couple more shots of the really rare ones i think ya'll may fancy, as well as whatever else they or i may have questions about?

Anyways. This piece was found in the Great plains? North East Wyoming. Down in the Big Horn Canyon. My grandfather found it back in 98' while on a hunting trip. This area just so happens to be where where we are going elk hunting again this coming october. (Hope it doesn't snow this year!) Maybe i didn't take the best pics to really see this? but it looks like just a tip that broke off. looks older, what time period you reckon? what kind of rock is that? pretty neat. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• DSCN0108.JPG
    DSCN0108.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0109.JPG
    DSCN0109.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
To bad you didn't have the other end instead. It's about impossible to date or type the tip of something. but the base end hold the better clues.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to be a piece of flint but just a tip. Hang onto it maybe you can find the rest if you dont find that color often.

OP
OP
J

Jd.Ole13

Apr 8, 2016
Northern, CA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To bad you didn't have the other end instead. It's about impossible to date or type the tip of something. but the base end hold the better clues.

Got it! that makes sense. thanks quito!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread