DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a early jump this rainy morning. The hunt started off good with a couple broke's. I spotted just a little piece off the large one sticking out, I knew it was gonna be one because I saw a little edge and that dull white patina. When I plucked it and seen it was all there, man all I can say is what a rush. Not sure what type it would fall under? My first impression was a big sandy but it appears to be corner notched. Maybe a Kirk? 003.JPG 008.JPG 007.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes very, very, nice. I think Kirk IMO. Not many big quartz Kirk corner notches survive intact like that. HH
Thanks red. Great news man, appreciate it. I get confused with types... A rarity for me to find any large pieces intact. I am stoked over this one. thanks

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets hear the story on that one other than plucking it. That is one of those points you wish you had your camera for before you picked it up. Looks perfect and its amazing it was whole.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking finds! I really like that big quartz point

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets hear the story on that one other than plucking it. That is one of those points you wish you had your camera for before you picked it up. Looks perfect and its amazing it was whole.
It would have been nice to have the camera. so use to not taking one in the past, forget to bring it a lot. not a whole lot to tell really. Went to a place they cleared for house lott more then a year ago and haven't done anything with it since. Pretty good location, nice flat not to steep hill top with a nice creek in the bottom. I knew there was stuff there, a lot of chips, found a small Halifax and a couple broke's in the past. Went back after all this rain and got lucky. Apparently this one was deep enough to where the machines didn't touch it, rain exposed just enough to catch a piece of it and there it was. Most all those brokes I found had to some what pluck too.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I am not good on typing points but that is a nice quartz point. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not good on typing points but that is a nice quartz point. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Americus. Can be very confusing to me sometimes typing different pieces. I am slowly learning.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would have been nice to have the camera. so use to not taking one in the past, forget to bring it a lot. not a whole lot to tell really. Went to a place they cleared for house lott more then a year ago and haven't done anything with it since. Pretty good location, nice flat not to steep hill top with a nice creek in the bottom. I knew there was stuff there, a lot of chips, found a small Halifax and a couple broke's in the past. Went back after all this rain and got lucky. Apparently this one was deep enough to where the machines didn't touch it, rain exposed just enough to catch a piece of it and there it was. Most all those brokes I found had to some what pluck too.

I dont take mine either my hands are usually dirty or wet and I ruined a good camera before taking it with me. I have my phone but havent figured how to upload pics with it. But I keep my phone in a waterproof bag due to last year falling in and ruined the old one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread