DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the lot for a few hours this evening. Caught what looks like a Guilford type and a few small pieces of points, nd I think a petrified piece of wood? Had a question about the Guilford point. Would you guys call that a round base or a straight base? It looks round but is confusing to me because it is kind of flat on very bottom of basal edge? Seems kind of squared off? 004.JPG 005.JPG 014.JPG 018.JPG 008.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took your camera I see. You are finding some nice keepers this year and the one next to the Guilford is a good one to.
On the P wood it could be but I call that stuff rough quartz and its natural not good for making points with either. They wouldnt of used it as far as I know.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks rock. Yeah , almost forgot it, had to turn around go back in the door and get it. Wasn't sure if that was a piece of p wood or not. whatever it is I don't see allot of it around so thought that might be what it is? It is dry here again so will probably be my last land hunt until we get some more rain. I am thinking about doing a little creek walking for a few hours this evening but haven't made up my mind yet.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could of gone today but yesterday wasnt good so I decided to give it a break for another week. Got me some polarized sun glasses instead. So many shadows in the creek with all of the trees cant see hardly a thing. Hope you find a good one today if you go.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are all very nice! What type of stone is the Guilford? I think I have picked up more than one of those and tossed them because they were light colored and don't look like the other pieces I've found. I have MUCH to learn!

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could of gone today but yesterday wasnt good so I decided to give it a break for another week. Got me some polarized sun glasses instead. So many shadows in the creek with all of the trees cant see hardly a thing. Hope you find a good one today if you go.
I didn't go. Got to the messin around here on tnet, got lazy then ran out of time. Good idea, I have had that problem before at times. Might have to check a pair of them out myself.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all very nice! What type of stone is the Guilford? I think I have picked up more than one of those and tossed them because they were light colored and don't look like the other pieces I've found. I have MUCH to learn!
thanks. You know I am not really sure? Haven't found many points made of that material, but have seen it around. Looks like some kind of quartzite? Maybe a white sugar quartz? Still got allot to learn myself.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't go. Got to the messin around here on tnet, got lazy then ran out of time. Good idea, I have had that problem before at times. Might have to check a pair of them out myself.

I wear glasses so I got a pair of clip on types that will clip to my regular ones. Walmart has them in the fishing isle. Cheap to less that $10 Strike King makes them Havent tried them yet but I will. Should help clear the glare and the shadows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions