Where can I find books?

May 12, 2016
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm having a hard time finding books that are specific to and focusing on the stone tools used by the earliest native american Indians. Most of what I've come across at book stores, the library, and even online focus on arrowheads. Any advice on where to find books that just primarily focus on the stone tools that would contain a lot of pictures for reference?

It would be nice to have a book that I could go to and look a find up instead of having to post the usual 'is this a rock or artifact that I found'.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazon.com is a good place to find them cheap. They offer many just have to look and search as to what you are looking for. I have ordered them and had good experiences.

OP
OP
M
May 12, 2016
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazon.com is a good place to find them cheap. They offer many just have to look and search as to what you are looking for. I have ordered them and had good experiences.

I'll do a search there and see if I can find what I'm looking for, thanks.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also if you have a local N.A. Museum I would check their website or gift shop... Good source for information plus the benefit of being local.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
University of Miss. or even State will have what you need. Alabama too, but I'm pretty sure you ain't goin there...

Also Powell's Books online

Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Neighbor. I bought a good one at Books a Million several years ago. Also, they will order any book you find that you want.
And the Natchez Trace Visitors center in Tupelo probably has some. I bought a book about slaves there 4 yrs ago, and it was only $2!

OP
OP
M
May 12, 2016
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Neighbor. I bought a good one at Books a Million several years ago. Also, they will order any book you find that you want.
And the Natchez Trace Visitors center in Tupelo probably has some. I bought a book about slaves there 4 yrs ago, and it was only $2!

I checked at the trace visitors center, but they didnt have much at all. From what I understand there is an artifact museum in Columbus, but it's only open M-F so it'll be hard for me to get there during a work week.

Amazon has turned up some pretty good books on my searches I think, but it's hard to tell without actually seeing some illustrations to confirm.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I have a couple that are really good info books:

How to find Indian Arrowheads and other Ancient Artifacts by Terry Baxter

Arrowheads and stone artifacts by C G Yeager

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try AbeBooks.com and type in keyword your looking for. You need to be a member to buy but it is easy and free to join. But you can browze without being a member. It is a pretty good book buying website.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you may want to concentrate on your area too. you dont want a book on PNW artifacts when you are on the gulf coast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread