rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to share my year of pieces I am finding and I know I have found some good ones to but this is the bulk of my finds in the past couple of months. Oh Im out there looking still but this is what I am finding lately. I still enjoy looking but the finding has been tough on the whole ones. The one in my hand has been worked but then tossed due to the material wasnt what they were looking for. It is just 1 step from a rock. I am glad some people are still finding. On the good side of it all is I just got permission for a 300 acre parcel which has 2 creeks running through it. Now I just have to get the time to make the drive to have a look. Summer is a tough time for me with work and life being busy. I hope to get out there to the new spot some time this month. Happy Hunting, rock

Attachments

• SDC11449.JPG
    SDC11449.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • SDC11450.JPG
    SDC11450.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • SDC11451.JPG
    SDC11451.JPG
    692.2 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be nice getting out, I miss Hunting points a great deal. Good for the spirt. I have s 4 day hunt coming up with my youngest son. We can't wait, we have some great permissions!!! Does bugband repell horseflys? They are brutal sometimes!!!!

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rock at least you get out there and enjoy the hunt . You can't find much sitting on the couch mother nature has slowed me down this year . Along with age lol .

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In a slow spell myself... Going to try something different tomorrow snorkeling the river... Probably overly ambitious but we shall see. Keep at it good things will come!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your materials are always interesting to me and love the color variations. Also, it's interesting about the piece in your hand, thank you for telling us about it. Summer is difficult for me too unless it does a flash flooding rain and I haven't found anything much lately myself but as others have said at least we're getting out and that's healthy in itself. Good luck with your new spot though and I know you will some amazing artifacts once you get out there.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be nice getting out, I miss Hunting points a great deal. Good for the spirt. I have s 4 day hunt coming up with my youngest son. We can't wait, we have some great permissions!!! Does bugband repell horseflys? They are brutal sometimes!!!!

I hate those darn horseflies! I got tired of running up and down the creek like a madwoman and now carry an almost empty bug spray can, when they start circling I spray the air above my head and they leave.

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your luck improves at the new field and you make some fantastic finds. Nice that you're getting out at least. Thanks for taking the time to share your finds along the way. Lately I haven't had the option myself, the rare moments of free time in daylight with decent weather I am stuck playing catch up on the yard. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your next finds. :)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks it makes the whole ones really special after a year like this. I use the bug band for tick season. Ticks here will bite through any spray so I use the wet nap style that wipes on from bug band. I wipe my neck, shoulders and mid section around my waist. So far since using it I havent had any ticks bite me. I then use a spray for the rest of my body to keep all other insects from landing and biting. So far it is the only repellent I have found that will keep the ticks off. I know the owner of the company to he lets me walk his property and is a very nice person.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate those darn horseflies! I got tired of running up and down the creek like a madwoman and now carry an almost empty bug spray can, when they start circling I spray the air above my head and they leave.

We have all types of biting flies here and sweat bees to that sting along with all of the normal bees. There is a fly that bites that looks just like a house fly but that sucker will tear you a new one if he gets its chance. Yellow flies are tough to but as far as the big horse flies I havent seen any. The bug band is a strong odor and seems to work on all types so far.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rock at least you get out there and enjoy the hunt . You can't find much sitting on the couch mother nature has slowed me down this year . Along with age lol .

We have had rain 3 times this week so far and it lasts for hours. Maybe it will wash something out new for me the next time it goes down. What is sad it the creek was just getting low enough to show some huge gravel bars but now they are underwater again. There is always current which impels your view. The creeks here are wide but even tough arent deep enough to use a motorboat the current can take your feet out from under you when its flowing fast.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your materials are always interesting to me and love the color variations. Also, it's interesting about the piece in your hand, thank you for telling us about it. Summer is difficult for me too unless it does a flash flooding rain and I haven't found anything much lately myself but as others have said at least we're getting out and that's healthy in itself. Good luck with your new spot though and I know you will some amazing artifacts once you get out there.

The piece in my hand shows 2 edges where they knocked off a piece on each side and then tried to flake it. The flint in that creek I have sent to a couple of people on the site in the past and both have said it is freeze cracked even though the flint looks good from the outside. Which means it will crumble when you try to work it. I havent found anything but broken pieces and the big hammer stone and then this preform piece in the creek. I have found 1 piece of pottery with cord marked design so Im thinking there is a woodland site near by but nobody works the fields for planting crops just hay for cattle. I wont be going back to this creek till the winter if even then depends on how I feel about it later. I know the beavers have set up camp so hopefully they will dig something up for me in the future when the water goes back down. Thanks for the response

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your luck improves at the new field and you make some fantastic finds. Nice that you're getting out at least. Thanks for taking the time to share your finds along the way. Lately I haven't had the option myself, the rare moments of free time in daylight with decent weather I am stuck playing catch up on the yard. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your next finds. :)

I think we all have yard work rite now. With all of the rain this year its a extra load for sure. With any luck I will be going to the new property this week to have a look at the creeks just so I can see how deep they are and study the water flow and rock types. Not sure if they will be deep due to it is a 30 mile drive to the new spot. I talked to the owner and he said I can go whenever I want. I have been told I will need my snake boots for sure in that area. I hate snakes but love points more so I will be on the lookout for those evil crawlers. We have rattlesnakes and copperheads here. The say no cottonmouths due the the elevation is to high for them in this area. I hope they are rite cause they were terrible when I lived in Florida. Nothing quite like being chased by a cottonmouth while fishing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread