This seasons finds from friends farm

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been a relatively slow spring season around my way. We had a decent amount of rain at the right times, but just not many fields turned where I had permission to walk this year. Here are my finds from several hunts at my good friends farm. I am very thankful he turned his fields this year, and also that he let me come over and walk pretty much whenever I wanted, even though he picks up artifacts and keeps them himself. I hope all the pictures load. HH to all.
032416 finds numbered B resized.JPG 040716 finds numbered resized.JPG 052516 finds numered resized.JPG 060816 finds numbered resized.JPG finds numbered B resized.JPG Finds, numbered resized.JPG #242 in situ again.JPG #248 in situ again.JPG #255 in situ yet again resized.JPG #261 in situ on horizon resized.JPG #263 in situ again.JPG #270 in situ with horizon resized.JPG #274 in situ again resized.JPG #280 in situ yet again resized.JPG #284 in situ again resized.JPG #286 in situ again resized.JPG #289 on horizon resized.JPG #296 on horizon resized.JPG #297 in situ again.JPG #307 on horizon resized.JPG #311 in situ again resized.JPG #316 on horizon resized.JPG

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
second picture bottom left.

I really like the sharp point sticking out of the edge. I find that type of protrusion on lots of blades and scrapers up here.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures! I always forget to take an in-situ photo when I'm out!! Awesome finds!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds and nice pics,
dts

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've done well! Continued good luck to you!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, what a treasure trove! :notworthy: What I wouldn't do to be able to metal detect those fields!!!!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
second picture bottom left.

I really like the sharp point sticking out of the edge. I find that type of protrusion on lots of blades and scrapers up here.

Thank you quito, but I am not sure which item you are referring to, which # is it? Probably the most unusual one for me from this group is #295. It appears to be the ip of a point that broke, and had the lower end re-worked into a small drill. I don't find many drills at all, and 3295 is certainly the smallest for me.

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, what a treasure trove! :notworthy: What I wouldn't do to be able to metal detect those fields!!!!! :occasion14:
Thank you, and I know what you mean. I haven't detected this field yet, but have noticed a few pieces of red brick in one location, although no pottery shards as I would expect to see at an early home site. I did find a nice French gun flint there a couple years ago so there is bound to at least be some scattered finds somewhere. Of course there is no better way to tell than to give it a good scanning with the detector. HH

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lots of finds and good with a camera to. 295 looks to be a drill by the way.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems kind of a shame that the soil gets tilled upsetting and possibly destroying the site and artifacts.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Hunting is an understatement! You have done well. I am with Terry about running a detector as I looked for points!
HH !

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and photos also, and I would have run a MD over that area. If you found a gun flint then there may be some trade goods laying just under the soil.:thumbsup:

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of nice points in there and I like the different materials in your area.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one's red. Looks like you have quite the place there. some very nice looking material too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread