wood carvings? cant be a coincidence

organicsscience

Jun 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wood carvings? can't be a coincidence

Hello everybody hope everyone is having a good day. I wanted to share a few pictures of what looks like drift wood carvings. The closer I look at some of these I aware the more you can see. Almost always starting with the eyes. At first I thought wow that's a cool coincidence it looks like.... But after finding multiple pieces that just seem so well done I have to ask myself were these done by human hands? I found these on my relatives property where I have found other interesting things im working on posting. Also some pieces that look like the end shaft or a wood spear tip. Any opinions would be great. Thank you.

Oh and some pieces appear to have some kind of black sap maybe used as glue...
I will post pictures in a min or two ��

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

organicsscience

Jun 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WP_20160616_21_17_19_Pro.jpg WP_20160616_21_16_47_Pro.jpg WP_20160616_21_18_30_Pro.jpg

Of course imagine these would be highly weathered

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
On every piece you have posted here, I can go out every Spring after the thaw and after the Red River has gone down, and I can show you many, many more - many of which are from fresh (green) trees before the flood waters swept them away. So I have to side HEAVILY that this is 100% the work of Ma Nature. Sorry.

However, they're still some really cool pieces!! :thumbsup: The wife had built a fence in the yard a few years back using recovered driftwood. Finally had to tear it down last year as a cow had come into the yard and messed it up. We could sit and look at driftwood all day. Is fascinating all the unique shapes that come out, all because of the grinding water action and the pieces rubbing against everything else in the river. ...Think of it as putting wood in a rock tumbler - the results are pretty special.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are nice but all are natural formed by mother nature...

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely natural.
One day i broke a bunch of shale fossils and common rocks then I went through them all to see if they resembled anything. I could say at least half of them could of looked like something. A fish,bear,cat, human face ect...it's the same with driftwood. It's just nature. They are really cool though and would make great pieces for decoration or carvings!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the others have said it mother nature doing her thing, wood will wear away just like some stones do leaving different bands and shapes. Along the Ms. river we get tons of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread