I have to ask, Why did you join a forum?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will start as to the reason I joined. I enjoy finding artifacts and any other treasure I happen to come across. I enjoy Tnet because when I 1st joined I didnt know anyone else who collected them and didnt really understand the difference between a rock and a artifact. I found out that some other forums really dont have the patience to work with a person to learn and can be rude about it. I joined Tnet and am glad I happened across them and have learned so much from everyone here that I can actually go out and find something worth posting and sharing with others and a story once in a while about the hunt. Id like to hear from others as to why they joined and decided to stay. I still am on another site but to tell you the truth there just isnt any place like home. Tnet gives you the family feeling that other sites cant compete with. rock

Upvote 0

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined to share information and learn from people that share the same passions. I have only been on Tnet for a few years now, but it is the #1 spot imo. Guess this would be a good time to thank you guys for all the help and info over the last few years, exspeacialy rock and Viking, for helping this native hunting beginner out when I first started to really get into hunting Native artifact's . You guys have been a "big help"! Speaking of TheViking, I haven't seen him around for awhile?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer heat and crops in fields in Kentucky meant no digging, so I joined :D

celestina44

May 3, 2016
Deming, NM
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very well said... I am a newbie and love the formation of rocks and minerals. They are fascinating, when I came across this site, Tnet I went thru some of the postings and knew I would learn things, would be treated as a, lets say student, it's been a good experience, we are homesteading so I don't post alot but I do have some wicked looking rocks that when I get a chance I will post... Thank you. ;)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer heat and crops in fields in Kentucky meant no digging, so I joined :D
wow i remember the button i found here in cali that was civil war Kentucky and it made you wonder.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined last year when I decided to start finding artifacts looking for information/knowledge and have really liked the community here so far. It is interesting seeing what other people who are interested in this hobby find as well. This site has also got me into metal detecting which I don't regret at all either :occasion14:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen some of your finds Capt and you have gotten some nice ones for just a year looking. Thanks for responding

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined because I love history, reading and learning and I spend a tremendous amount of time outside. I grew up in an area of the US steeped in history and my chosen home, CA, has got its own unique history that I need to learn more about...good people here willing to help others learn.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true CHUDs