I have to ask, Why did you join a forum?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will start as to the reason I joined. I enjoy finding artifacts and any other treasure I happen to come across. I enjoy Tnet because when I 1st joined I didnt know anyone else who collected them and didnt really understand the difference between a rock and a artifact. I found out that some other forums really dont have the patience to work with a person to learn and can be rude about it. I joined Tnet and am glad I happened across them and have learned so much from everyone here that I can actually go out and find something worth posting and sharing with others and a story once in a while about the hunt. Id like to hear from others as to why they joined and decided to stay. I still am on another site but to tell you the truth there just isnt any place like home. Tnet gives you the family feeling that other sites cant compete with. rock

Upvote 0

Essex

May 23, 2016
North East Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everything you said Rock. It's a great hobby and the expertise of the members on this site is invaluable. I believe that it's a good way to learn about artifact hunting.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I joined because like others I like finding history to better tell a story about what was truly happening in my area. I majored in military history and always been fascinated about the natives. This site is great for sharing your prized finds and seeing others. I definitely have felt welcome day 1 and really hope to extend friendships from the site to face to face adventures. I have already linked up with one several times and had an amazing time both finding artifacts and sharing some of our best demonstrated practices. This is a very territorial hobby but my passion is a little different. I love sharing information with others and sharing the experience of finding artifacts with others. I hope one day I have an opportunity to meet up with some of you and have a great hunt but a better experience.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I joined because I love the variety of the posts and I wanted to learn more. Was sure I knew it all, but boy was I surprised at how uninformed I really was. Very humbling...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had hunted since a child and always had a knack for finding treasures but only later in life when I started to understand "what" I was finding and sometimes the "why" did the real journey begin. A girl I dated turned me on to T-net. Big mistake! Lol... but the people were kind and knowledgeable and they taught me a whole lot and were patient with me. I can always come in here and learn something and hopefully pass what little I know on to others.Helping the site to Moderate has kept me from posting as much as I used to but I still hunt. I need to find time and share the journey once again.
Happy Hunting!
TnMtns

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I joined arrowpack (long defunct) about 14 or 15 years ago because it was mostly friends that I had known for years from arrowhead shows, society meetings, etc. from Indiana, Kentucky & Ohio. It was simply a way of seeing stuff found between shows, hearing about auctions, and chatting about regional gossip. However it all became more rewarding as I met more people and had the chance to see more artifacts from areas that I would have never been exposed to before.

It's also interesting to me how sites evolve and the crowds change over time, in both good & bad ways (but mostly good.) It's kind of like a neighborhood with 50 houses where everyone knows everyone. If five families move out and five new families move in every year, when you come back to visit the old neighborhood in a couple of years it feels different. If you come back in 10 years it's now their old neighborhood.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joined this forum to learn about mding

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the others have said, I wanted to be able to talk with like minded folks and see the finds of others. This is the best site on the web in my book.:occasion14:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I found my first artifact in the creek I started googling to find out more about it and this forum would always appear in my searches so the more I found the more it appeared. I started reading the posts to see what others were finding and got my nerve up to join and ask questions about my finds. I've learned a lot in the last 3.5 years about not only my finds but everyone else in their different States and Canada. This is a great place to be with tons of knowledgeable folks and I've made a few friends too. Also, compared to some of the other similar forums out there this one is the friendliest by far.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found the site about the same time i found my first points,tn mountains made me feel at home,tons of great people on here,i just like to share my finds and kinda give back to treasurenet as i never have paid to be on here,which i need to do,but they do not hound ya to be a paid member.great site thanks for having me T.N.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i joined because i had a lot of head scratchers...not just artifacts...but stuff that i had around the house, stuff that was old family things, you know STUFF...i got a lot of good idents here, cleared up a lot of things for me.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined to meet women! Haven't gotten to meet any yet but Suzy135 sounds cute haha!! I joined because it's nice to know there are people like me all over the country. Spending large amounts of time staring at dirt and digging for history isn't a hobby most people understand or even care to for that matter!! I love seeing all of the members finds and hearing their stories. Keeps me going sometimes!!! Good luck to all!!

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lurked here for a while really enjoying seeing what other people find and eventually joined so I could ask about something. I already started to notice how friendly and helpful the people here are and when I posed my own questions I was amazed how helpful the responses I got were. Over time treasurenet has become one of my top sites to visit. As others have mentioned there is a wonderful community here on treasurenet and it is great to be able to connect with people with similar interests. Also it is great to have a place to share my finds with others who appreciate them.

Happy hunting,
Eric

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...and it loads fast too...not a lot "drag" on flipping through pages!

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I joined this site last year but didn't post anything until this year and been hook on it since. I guess I enjoy sharing my finds and learning about them and looking at other people's finds

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend kept telling me to join and was very persistent. I just don't have a lot of time but I do like to look at nice artifacts.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to have you with us Bow

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I originally joined so I could ask some questions about the few items I had found many years ago. After seeing the expertise and genuine passion for the hobby, I began wanting to hunt and contribute too. I may not check in every night, but I rarely go a full week without seeing what people are finding from across the country. I really appreciate the in situ photos people post...it makes me feel like I found the items too.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good responses