decent day

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out Friday and found some.First pics show in-situ of nice arrowpoint. Just seconds before I seen this one I spied an edge and It was a whole one. It's lying on ground with other chips and pieces I had found earlier,didn't get in-situ of it. Didn't realize it was a point until I picked it up. Other pic shows point that was broke but the tip is nearby. I have picked up several at this place like that. Always cool to find all the pieces. Last pic shows whole ones. White flake is a double graver. Not a bad day after all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what's happening. have posted pics before. but not working for me this time......

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6-17 in-situ arrowpoint.JPG 6-17 in-situ arrowpoint #2.JPG broke arrow with tip in pic.JPG 6-17 group shot.JPG

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points, nice material.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Very nice finds. I really like the insitus. In what part of the country were they found?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a dry lake bed? Nice finds from your hunt

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points, nice material.

Very nice finds. I really like the insitus. In what part of the country were they found?

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I live in eastern Oregon and that is where they were found. The camp is located on the edge of a dry lake that is on a friends ranch.Most of the black material is obsidian although the nice arrow is made of basalt. What would have been a little colored knife that has tip gone is some kind of jaspagate or ? would have been a beautiful thing. Thanks for replies and likes.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say dang good day! That one is sweet

OP
OP
welsbury

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding point. Can you get a close up? Certainly could be banner worthy.
Thanks Twitch for the thought of a banner find but the point though whole is not what I would call banner material. It is a nice piece but has issues . It is lopsided, has a stack on one side, is not fully flaked and has a pronounced curve in it that the side view pic, though blurry , shows well. I still treasure it though, hard to find these points with P1050484.JPG P1050485.JPG P1050486.JPG both ears intact

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You had a great day! Nice finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread