In situ brewerton

P6250350.jpg

P6250351.jpg

In situ for Tn Joe

P6250352.jpg

P6250353.jpg

Broke moon shine jug

P6250354.jpg

Mean little caterpillar a saddleback floating by.

P6250355.jpg

In situ Benton? Need I.D help.

P6250357.jpg

P6250358.jpg

P6250359 (1).jpg

Todays Treasure booty.

IMG_4237.JPG

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
TnMtns:hello:

Saw this sign on a back road and still trying to figure it out. :dontknow:

IMG_4228.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the in situ!...it was dang hot today...you found some nice ones TN...I'm gonna look at my Overstreet for suggestions on that black point.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks thought you might like the base of that one. I went metal detecting and got tired of digging junk and started seeing some flint. Yeah very hot today. Thanks for your help!

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you might be right about the Benton...the only other option I saw might be Mud Creek...but the tip doesn't seem needle-like enough...maybe it is one of those SE TN hybrid points that just doesn't fit just one category. Is that base Paleo or Camp Creekish?

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice recoveries Richard. I spent my day bush hogging and I know how hot it was. You are an avid Pro hunter my friend! WTG, Q.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day by the creek! I think i would call that a benton too... Im pretty good with a lot from out there, but maybe someone else has another name...

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too bad a hunt! :icon_thumleft: I really do not mind the heat while out hunting, it's the humidity (which you folks back east have) that I can't stand. Not too much humidity out here.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shot a video and even in the video called it a Benton before picking it up. I was happy and have not had a lot of free time. That sign on the tree is the weirdest thing I have seen. Thanks for the comments.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!! I'm dealing with lots of Quartz so there's that lack of definition like you would get with other material.
You had a great day!!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a great creek! Nice finds!

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds and insitus. I like the concave based point with tip gone, and am curious if you consider it paleo? It was also interesting that someone took the time and effort to post a sign alerting folks that prehistoric peoples had left their trash in the creek for you to find and clean up. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Nice insitu pictures

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great creek finds! That sign don't make sense :icon_scratch: lol and yep the creek is the place to be when it's hot and I was in mine for a bit myself with no luck at all. Did you see any snakes? I was surprised by a fairly large what I hope was a banded water snake but if I was in Georgia I would swear it was a cottonmouth but wildlife says they aren't out this far west, still I don't know so eased on by it, changed from water shoes to boots and went upstream lol

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and insitus. I like the concave based point with tip gone, and am curious if you consider it paleo? It was also interesting that someone took the time and effort to post a sign alerting folks that prehistoric peoples had left their trash in the creek for you to find and clean up. :)

The site is archaic or the area anyways. I want to think paleo when I see a base like that but tend to think Copena. The sign was a couple miles away from the creek in an area that has a history of people dumping. The locals or some of them clean it up. So that sign might have been from the meth head e-bay hunters.I have never seen anyone on this creek it's all private owned.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great creek finds! That sign don't make sense :icon_scratch: lol and yep the creek is the place to be when it's hot and I was in mine for a bit myself with no luck at all. Did you see any snakes? I was surprised by a fairly large what I hope was a banded water snake but if I was in Georgia I would swear it was a cottonmouth but wildlife says they aren't out this far west, still I don't know so eased on by it, changed from water shoes to boots and went upstream lol
That creek was ice cold and the deep spots take your breath its all spring fed. The banded water snakes here look like copper heads but are bigger. I saw maybe 5 or 6 snakes sunning. They say we are to far north for cotton mouths also but think I saw one a couple weeks ago. It was swimming real high out of the water like they do. We now have in the last two years starting seeing armadillos so it seems the cotton mouths might follow. Be safe Peaches and thanks for the comments.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought maybe paleo too,nice find either way though, looks like a neat spot

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG THAT TOOTH LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE MINE , THAT WILL BE POKED , DRILLED AND FILLED ON TUESDAY . BEAUTIFUL ARROW HEAD , AND YOU KNOW A FELLA HAS THE DETECT JONESES BAD WHEN HE CAN GO DETECTING IN THAT KINDA HEAT. HECK I SAW A GROUNDHOG WITH A SIGN THAT SAID, GOT WATER . NICE FINDS.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one's TM. I think you nailed it with Benton. It is a nice one too..101, you guys are smoking over there. Hasn't got quite that hot here yet, but unfortunately it is coming. Very nice hunt..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions