Axe head or big scraper.. And something else!

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone! Got out yesterday no kids, no dog, just me so I was able to search the higher areas around my spot! The axe (or big scraper) I'm not sure due to the piece at the bottom but when I hold it in my had as pictured the area where my thumb is really smooth and has a slight indent ion where my thumb is!?! The other one has a small hole in the bottom.. Not sure why or if it was attached to something during use! Once again I thank you guys for you feedback and hopefully one day I'll be answering questions instead of asking!:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    686.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    911.1 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but they are both natural rocks not artifacts..

OP
OP
M

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:sadsanta: ! I was sure the last one was "something".... Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just friendly suggestion, don't look for rocks that fit your hand or get caught up in something fitting your hand and instead look for rocks that have flake work on them.

DT2016

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just friendly suggestion, don't look for rocks that fit your hand or get caught up in something fitting your hand and instead look for rocks that have flake work on them.

Signature ---> Trump 2016!

Why no Jesus tap dancing Christ? I realize it's unintended semi religious, but your signature is definitely political agenda! Just wondering as its one of my most used phrase.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The first rock has the banding of a nodule of hornstone (or some other type of grey nodule flint.) They are found broken like that, but I'd bet it's knapping waste from someone spalling an big nodule. (It looks to have some fractures, so they might have just wanted to clean off the cracked material to get to the better stuff inside.)

The second piece also looks like workable rock. Probably natural, but might be from some one knocking a corner of a block of chert to get down to better quality material.

Either way, where you have flint and chert in Kentucky, you usually have artifacts. Keep looking.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why no Jesus tap dancing Christ? I realize it's unintended semi religious, but your signature is definitely political agenda! Just wondering as its one of my most used phrase.

It violates our rules and is sacrilegious...... Also if anyone has issue with moderation please address it via PM, not in open forums.....

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with joshuaream looks like something that they nocked off a stone to get to the good stuff. There has to be a good artifact close by.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread